Better board game currency?

Associate
Hello! (I've not posted here in Tabletop Games before).

Earlier this year I was playing the Here & Now: The World Edition of Monopoly. It's the one that includes the "electronic deal-making unit". I do prefer cards to cash in Monopoly, but I found myself thinking that it could be improved, and I soon had an idea for an Android app whereby each player gets direct control of their money, via their phone. The banker is no longer overworked and distracted, everyone can see their balance at a glance, plus the history of all payments. And it's not actually specific to Monopoly - you can use it for any board game that has a money element.

So I set to work building it. It's called Liquidity, and I've just released the first version. It's on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dhpcs.liquidity.

I thought I'd post here as I'm hoping some of you will like it. Of course, it would be great to get some feedback too.

I won't describe exactly how to use it here because I'm hoping the description on Google Play does a good job of that, and that the app itself is relatively straightforward and intuitive to use. But I would just emphasise that it doesn't require that everyone playing a game has an Android smartphone; multiple accounts can be created on a single phone to accommodate non-Androids.

It'd be great to hear any thoughts/comments/criticism/praise!

Back
Top Bottom