1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BF2 not starting???

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by toxic, 20 May 2006.

1. toxic

Wise Guy

when I try to start BF2..the screen goes black like it just about to boot into the game and the cd kicks in...the it suddenly boots back to the desktop..and thats it. Any ideas?

I dont really want to re-install the whole game again along with all the patches. The only thing ive done since last time played it was change my monitor to a 20" widescreen. Surely that cant have anything to do with it???

Cheers

2. Rednut05

Banned

The graphics card outputting alright to it?

If you have BF2 auto logging in or anything edit it back for a while and re-try.

3. toxic

Wise Guy

graphics card is fine...can play other games no problem. Its been the same since i tried this afternoon...and still the same. :confused:

4. Col_M

Mobster

mine does this if i leave folding going in the background, if you haven't got folding running then maybe another distributed computing thing or cpu heavy app.

5. toxic

Wise Guy

na...nuthing running in backgound. Looks like a re-install

6. garethrobinson1

Gangster

are you using refreshforce, refreshlock or any other program to specify refresh rates? if so, disable or uninstall them and try again.

7. fullfat

Wise Guy

changing your monitor/resolution has caused this, ive had this loads with different monitors, its BF2 not being able to adjust :rolleyes:
    you can mess around deleting files from the BF2 folder in my documents, but its just as easy to reinstall the thing tbh.

8. =GAMMO=

Wise Guy

i had this, read somewhere if you deleted the files in here> C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2 things would be ok, done said task and all has been fine since

9. 4T5

Man of Honour

Agreed it is a Resolution conflict causing your problem.
    Either deleting the cache files in battlefield documents folder or a reinstall will sort it.

10. toxic

Wise Guy

sorted...I re-installed it but never deleted my profile and it still wouldnt work. Dleted the folder in my douments and it seem to going good now. Thanks guys!