1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

BFG 8800GTX - Audio over HDMI

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Earth[Tera].bin, 12 Apr 2010.

1. Earth[Tera].bin

Wise Guy

Wondering if anyone has their 8800GTX connected via HDMI and has working audio. I recently received the card and expected it would simply punt the audio over the HDMI like my on board ATI-chipset, but that doesn't seem the case. The nvidia settings are set as 'HDMI with Audio enabled' too.

Any suggestions?

2. Greebo

Caporegime

don't you need to connect a lead from your soundcard/chip to your 8800gtx for that to work?

3. Orcvader

Capodecina

It's what you usually have to do with Nvidia cards for audio :(

4. Earth[Tera].bin

Wise Guy

Ah, doh. Cheers guys. I'll look and see if I have kicking about.

5. Phatzy

Wise Guy

aint it the newer 9 series with the audio pins, im fairly sure the 8800 gtx dont have the audio pins.

6. Greebo

Caporegime

Zotac made gtx8800 with an audio connector to give them sound over hdmi. Normal vanilla 8800GTX's did not have these.

Not sure if any other manufacturers did though.

7. jim5000

Hitman

You need to find the spdif output jumper on your audio card (even some onboard audio solutions have this), and find the corrosponding jumper on the graphics card, then connect them together.
    You then get a direct audio feed to the TV, but you can't use the PC volume controls etc, have to change volume on the tv.