• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG most awesome company ever!!

Man of Honour
I recently i sent my 8800gtx for rma got a refurbished 250 gts,somehow i felt i have been given a downgrade vantage score is less too,

zia

Its a bit difficult to call that one... I'm assuming its a 1gig VRAM card...

The 250GTS has massively faster texture fillrate, but 30% slower pixel fillrate, massively faster shader OPs but slightly slower memory bandwidth... so depending on the situation its gonna alternate between slightly slower and massively faster.

D13

D13

Associate
A week ago, I sent off my dead 8800GTS 640Mb OC card, windows would lock up with CGA style colours.

Checked my RMA status this morning, still had not been dispatched now imainge my suprise when the door bell rang and a man from Fedex was standing there holding a box.

Now opening the box I saw it was from BFG curious to see what card I got back, and would you belive it they have sent me a GTX285OC2!!!!

So well done BFG, will buy from you again :) Only sad bit is I don't have the dual 6 pin power connectors, have one, so will have to go get a molex to 6 pin jobbie, but oh well

Kimbie

Holy **** 285? damn

Soldato
OP
Utterly gutted, I cant use the damn card at the moment :(

The card is longer than my 8800 was, and fouls on my HDD, problem is there is no room to move my HDD to as all the drive bays are full. I was always going to order a nice big fat storage drive when I got back, looks like I need to now lol

Kimbie

Soldato
Shame my own experience with BFG wasn't so great. Three dead Geforce 7800GTXs in a row. Gave up and bought a different card in the end.

Soldato
Utterly gutted, I cant use the damn card at the moment :(

The card is longer than my 8800 was, and fouls on my HDD, problem is there is no room to move my HDD to as all the drive bays are full. I was always going to order a nice big fat storage drive when I got back, looks like I need to now lol

Kimbie
Problem solved...I can swap my 8800gtx for your GTX 285 :p

Associate
I'm glad some people are having good experiances with BFG, I'm begining to give up hope.

In brief, my 8800gtx broke in august, they sent me a GTS250 as a replacement which I've complained about, that and not notifiying me about delivery.

I actually went to Jeff on here regarding this, just seems to be get left be either him or the support warehouse, been going on weeks now, chasing him/them up.

Sent card back again last tues, Jeff said they will send me a GTX260....no updates, no updates on RMA site, no response to my e-mails, nothing.

Peed off isn't the word anymore. Why they couldn't send my replacement when they came to pickup my card I don't know. Why I'm waiting a week I've no-idea. If they are busy fine, tell me, keep me updated, don't just ignore me. Its not like I'm ringing and e-mailing everyday. Rant over.

Associate
BFG are awesome.

Had my 6800 Ultra replaced with a 7600 GT OC

7600GT OC went two years later, replaced with a 9600 GT OC :) (second pc).

Back
Top Bottom