• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG most awesome company ever!!

Soldato
A week ago, I sent off my dead 8800GTS 640Mb OC card, windows would lock up with CGA style colours.

Checked my RMA status this morning, still had not been dispatched now imainge my suprise when the door bell rang and a man from Fedex was standing there holding a box.

Now opening the box I saw it was from BFG curious to see what card I got back, and would you belive it they have sent me a GTX285OC2!!!!

So well done BFG, will buy from you again :) Only sad bit is I don't have the dual 6 pin power connectors, have one, so will have to go get a molex to 6 pin jobbie, but oh well

Kimbie

Because of this, I'm buying a BFG card next time.

Soldato
Talk about the best graphics company around i sent my daughters failed 8600gts in for rma, i have just phoned them for an update and the person on the phone has just told me they will probbley be sending me a gtx285 as a replacment because they are low on stock.I honesty cant belive it no the question is could i run a 285 for physx and give my daughter the 8800gt i have will my pcp&c 750 run a 5870 and a 285?

Associate
quite a few years ago when i became 18, my dad gave me a job application form for my BD!!!!

on a serious note, sounds like a decent company, they need to do radeon cards!!

Associate
quite a few years ago when i became 18, my dad gave me a job application form for my BD!!!!

on a serious note, sounds like a decent company, they need to do radeon cards!!

job application form for what?? xD yeah, they really need to start making ati cards! tht wud be awesome. also would be kool if ocuk would start there own value range of radeon parts =]

Associate
job application form for what?? xD yeah, they really need to start making ati cards! tht wud be awesome. also would be kool if ocuk would start there own value range of radeon parts =]

for what i was already doing for free with him on weekends and holidays (plumbing, heating and electric work) lol

Associate
yea not bad, run my own company now. went quiet(almost dead) for a few months(april until july) this year i think due to recession but has picked up by miles all of a sudden now.:cool:

awesome, good news it picked up! think its been same for businesses everywhere. my father has his own car workshop garage and it went quiet a few months, mostly small cheap jobs. but now its picking up with a lot bigger jobs. recession getting better? or people just used to it now :S

Associate
Just had an odd call to my suprise from BFG.

They had a note to replace my GTS250 for a GTX260 due to the problems I've had, well, seems they have non in stock, they asked if I run SLI, which I don't....285 is on the way instead! :D Will arrive tomorrow.

Associate
awesome, good news it picked up! think its been same for businesses everywhere. my father has his own car workshop garage and it went quiet a few months, mostly small cheap jobs. but now its picking up with a lot bigger jobs. recession getting better? or people just used to it now :S

nah, will last a few years. There was some hype about france and germany in the green but its bs. Olympics 2012 should bring some jobs for a short period. and hopefully our case for world cup 2018 will pull through too, will definately raise sales leading to more jobs. Corrupt and wrong system, corrupt leaders, list can go on for a very long period. How can one on benefits survive on £40 a week without support?! The only good thing you can say about our government is we have NHS(compared to other countries) but even that has scams (only 1 example 6-7 digit lump sum payments for higher ranked members retiring).

might get ban'd for stating my questionable but factual opinion.

sorry to go off topic to OP.

Last edited:
Associate
I've noticed a few people get cheaper cards than what they paid for. I saw someone who got a 9600GT as a replacement for a 7950 or something which seems very cheeky to me. Why are you guys taking it?

I spent 300 quid on my GTX280OC and if that broke and they sent me a GTS250 or even a 275 as a replacement, I'd be on them like a cockroach!! I paid for a 300 quid card, it died, thus I want a card that is of similar value - extremely similar value! I don't care if the latest card is cheaper and has similar performance because that's not what I paid for.

Come to think of it, does anyone know what their policy is on this issue?

Back
Top Bottom