• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG most awesome company ever!!

Soldato
I spent 300 quid on my GTX280OC and if that broke and they sent me a GTS250 or even a 275 as a replacement, I'd be on them like a cockroach!! I paid for a 300 quid card, it died, thus I want a card that is of similar value - extremely similar value! I don't care if the latest card is cheaper and has similar performance because that's not what I paid for.

Come to think of it, does anyone know what their policy is on this issue?

You get a card or equal or better performance or a partial refund if they cannot replace your card with an equivalent or better one. When it comes to determining what a 'better one' is, I think it depends on what they have in stock at the time and whether or not you run SLi. I do, so they replaced both cards with substantially better ones even though only one was broken.

So let's say that you bought a GTX295 H2OC at the moment which is a dual GPU, 1792Gb card with 480 Stream Processors and water-cooled you would either get the cheapest water-cooled, dual GPU, 1792GB, 480 stream processor they were currently selling or a refund based on how much use you have had from the card (I don't know how this would be calculated but I would imagine on a 10 year warranty, they would knock 10% off each year).

I would imagine people with AGP cards would be in this sort of postion at the moment.

As the current owner of no fewer than 10 BFG graphics cards I have had only the very, very, best service from them and I wouldn't ever buy anything else (to the point that I'm still buying GTX295 H2OCs from them at the moment).

Soldato
The most awesome company ever wouldn't make a product that broke...

BFG don't actually make anything. They buy their cards from an OEM manufacturer (same as everyone else) and they have three points of difference; their warranty, their pre-overclock and the option of a pre-fitted water block. If you want a faster card without messing with it, BFG will sell you one. At a premium. If you want a long warranty, then they do that too. Want the fastest card available? That would be the H2OC variant.

I'm not even certain that BFG actually hand-assemble the water-blocks onto the H2OC cards themselves any more either. I'd like to think they do, but who knows?

Soldato
My 9800gx2 is in their warehouse at the moment, if I get anything less than a 285oc back I will not be impressed....:mad:

but with stock running low, who knows what will happen :confused:

It's been with them since monday morning, so I am growing anxious :eek:

Soldato
BFG don't actually make anything. They buy their cards from an OEM manufacturer (same as everyone else) and they have three points of difference; their warranty, their pre-overclock and the option of a pre-fitted water block. If you want a faster card without messing with it, BFG will sell you one. At a premium. If you want a long warranty, then they do that too. Want the fastest card available? That would be the H2OC variant.

I'm not even certain that BFG actually hand-assemble the water-blocks onto the H2OC cards themselves any more either. I'd like to think they do, but who knows?

The most awesome company ever wouldn't sell a product that breaks?

Soldato
My 9800gx2 is in their warehouse at the moment, if I get anything less than a 285oc back I will not be impressed....:mad:

but with stock running low, who knows what will happen :confused:

It's been with them since monday morning, so I am growing anxious :eek:

I would be looking for a gtx295 as you have RMA'd a dual GPU solution so you should expect a dual GPU card back, surely?

Soldato
Getting a GTX295 for a 9800gx2 would be a result, the dual GPU argument is a valid one, but if a single GPU replacement card is equal to or greater in performance it's another story.

I have just sent one of my GTX260 OCX cards off to BFG, I would really like them to send me the same card back as I SLi. Don't get me wrong an upgrade would be great, but I really do not want to sacrifice my SLi setup.

Soldato
my 7800gt oc had an overheating problem ....i sent it back and hey i get a 7800gt oc back which works great.

only to find out (quite)some time later the card which they sent me has been set back to default clock speeds..bit cheeky but atleast they did it all within a week.....xfx on the other hand after so many emails simply refused to reply and i was left with a dead card which was still under warranty.

i would never ever buy an xfx product even if it was half the price of bfg

Soldato
It's all well and good getting upgrades, but what if I wanted the same card I sent off, Due to having tri SLI, sending me back a 285 instead of 280 would not be any good to me.

Soldato
It's all well and good getting upgrades, but what if I wanted the same card I sent off, Due to having tri SLI, sending me back a 285 instead of 280 would not be any good to me.

You should probably call them or raise a ticket via the BFG support website, Im sure they would accomodate you if possible.

Ive just taken delivery of my new card today, a GTX285 oc2, which is a slight upgrade over the 9800Gx2, so im rather pleased with the service :D

Soldato
My 8800 320 gone so i need to RMA it will sort it out tomorrow cannot moan had it since feb 07.
Anything willl do as i run it at 1360 x 768 and what ever i get should have more memory then 320mb

Back
Top Bottom