• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG most awesome company ever!!

Associate
Woot not just me then! :D

My 8800gt also died on me about 1 week and a half ago, sent it back to bfg wales and received the replacement today. I picked up the packaging, wondering: "damn, this is a heavy mofo, what they put in it, a brick?". Pleasently surpraised it was the next best thing to a brick, a goddamn GTX 285! <3 bfg

Associate
em this is weird...my 8800 also died a week ago...i sent mine off today to Qleadtek...<--- the hell kind of a company is that...but anyways we will see if they are as good as BFG :p

Associate
My 8800 GTX died about 2-3 weeks ago. I sent it back to BFG and just over a week later got a GTX 285 OC2 back and was very happy initially. Unfortunatley it appears to be dead as I plug it in, connect everything up and the PC boots but theres no display and the fan on the card isn't spinning :(

Currently waiting on BFG to get back to me about collecting this card and replacing it again. Even though their service has been great I'm starting to get a bit frustrated as over 2 weeks without my main pc is murder!

Soldato
This morning I received a replacement card for my 260 OCX.

Looks like I have ended up with a 285 OCFU:) Normally I would be perfectly happy with the upgraded card, but as I run SLi it's not what I would call the ideal replacement.

Would someone please kindly post the UK telephone number for BFG support so that i can get this issue sorted.

And is Jeff.Kozlowski still about???

Last edited:
Associate
OMG I still got 8800 gtx oc2 in sli mode.

Both going strong. Dont know if I should be pleased or sad.

If my card/cards should suddenly die, (maybe due to a matchstick), what do think I will recieve?

Associate
I'm reading this thread with interest as My BFG 8800 GTS 320MB seems to be on it's last legs. I'm getting lots of graphical corruption and weird colours, yesterday it was even happening before it had loaded Windows.

I can't find any information about how to start the RMA process though, all the stuff on the website seems to relate to US and Canada. Could someone tell me where to start? Sorry, but I've never had a card die on me before, I usually upgrade them before they get the chance! :p

Also, I'm can't remember whether I actually registered the card with BFG or not when I got it. If I didn't register it is there no point trying to RMA it, will they just say it's not covered?

Thanks for any info.

Soldato
I'm reading this thread with interest as My BFG 8800 GTS 320MB seems to be on it's last legs. I'm getting lots of graphical corruption and weird colours, yesterday it was even happening before it had loaded Windows.

I can't find any information about how to start the RMA process though, all the stuff on the website seems to relate to US and Canada. Could someone tell me where to start? Sorry, but I've never had a card die on me before, I usually upgrade them before they get the chance! :p

Also, I'm can't remember whether I actually registered the card with BFG or not when I got it. If I didn't register it is there no point trying to RMA it, will they just say it's not covered?

Thanks for any info.

Send them an email to [email protected].

stick something like "BFG 8800 GTS problems" in the subject line

I'm quite sure that your card was EOL by the time registration became mandatory.

Associate
Send them an email to [email protected].

stick something like "BFG 8800 GTS problems" in the subject line

I'm quite sure that your card was EOL by the time registration became mandatory.

Fantastic, thank you. That does sound positive.

I bought the card in May 2007 if that helps with regards as to when the registration became mandatory.

I've got an old x850xt which i'm going to plug in tonight to see if the problem goes away which should prove if the card is at fault. It's funny, i spent all yesterday praying that the problems weren't due to the GPU failing as that's the most expensive component in my machine. Now I'm fervently hoping that it is so I can get it RMA'd and replaced with a better card for free!

Soldato

Thanks for any info.

I was the same i had to registered my card on the bfg site and i needed a copy of the reipt from where you brought it and email them my copy of reipt and
Full Name:
> > Phone Number:
> > Full Shipping Address:
> > E-mail Address:
> > BFG Model Number: (Will most likely start with BFGR)
> > Serial Number: (Will most likely start with 006 or G)
and they send you 1 or 2 emails

Soldato
Fantastic, thank you. That does sound positive.

I bought the card in May 2007 if that helps with regards as to when the registration became mandatory.

I'm fervently hoping that it is so I can get it RMA'd and replaced with a better card for free!

You should be okay, registration did not become mandatory until Q2-Q3 2008.

It may take sometime as GPU stocks are very low.

Im still waiting for them to send me my 285 OCFU, been over a week now, must be the longest BFG RMA I have ever had.

Soldato

Thanks for any info.

You can still RMA, I didnt register my 9800GX2, but upon me providing proof of purchase, it was RMA as usual.

Back
Top Bottom