Bi-turbo E30 M3 and a Carrera GT at the ring

Associate
Linky

Saw this elsewhere but thought I would post it here. Ignore the first few minutes...

My thoughts - GT is taking the right lines and is probably being driven well below it's capabilities and the M3 is being ragged within an inch of it's life and the lines are awful

I've no doubt the M3 is quick except on the fast uphill section at Kesselchen where the GT just leaves it for dead...and suprise suprise the film ends due to "traffic" lol

Enjoy

Associate
OP
Vertigo1 said:
Same GT that was out there when we were there:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7159094&postcount=728

Wonder when that was filmed.

Yeah I got a pic of it too, would hazard a guess it was filmed the same weekend

normal_DSC_2712.JPG

silversurfer said:
Thanks, how big is this file

36Mb, sorry should have mentioned in my original post.

Soldato
looks like a UK plate but it's LHD :confused:

Also regarding that 'ring vid I think i'd be careful if I were driving a Carrera GT, where as i'd happily stack an old BMW any day which could explain what you see :D

Last edited:
Associate
its the bloke from evo mag

the car was imported and was orignally a nice grey colour

he proceeded to spend 18k on having it sprayed sick yellow :eek:

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
Ah cheers fella, never knew that! Show's how much they care for the UK market doesn't it.
Just a question of economics really, production of that type of car is too limited to warrant an RHD version and they know that anyone genuinely interested in one isn't going to be put off by the position of the steering wheel.

Soldato
Awesome video, that M3 engine sounds awesome, and even gave the porsche a bit of a good time! Simply awesome more clips like this please. Was that M3 really gunning it, because the engine sounded like it was on tick over. Whats the BHP on that monster?

Soldato
evilowl said:
Linky

Saw this elsewhere but thought I would post it here. Ignore the first few minutes...

My thoughts - GT is taking the right lines and is probably being driven well below it's capabilities and the M3 is being ragged within an inch of it's life and the lines are awful

I've no doubt the M3 is quick except on the fast uphill section at Kesselchen where the GT just leaves it for dead...and suprise suprise the film ends due to "traffic" lol

Enjoy

Yeah but how much did that Porsche cost in comparison

Back
Top Bottom