Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
havent seen one of these in a while whats everyone riding these days. ill post sum pics of my new marin when i pick it up tomorrow

Last edited:
Associate
Picking this up next week:

FSRComp.jpg

Soldato
Some of my past rides, now all sold sadly.

Spooky Metalhead:

Commencal:

Balfa Minuteman:

Should be picking one of these up tomorrow, as long as it fits. Been out of the saddle for about 3 years now so hope I can remember how to ride!

Associate
OP
riding this

now has a mavic 321 rim on deore disk rear with a deore disk and sum proper tyres not the stupid contis (soon to be singlespeed with rigids)

and this

and picking up this 2moro :)

Soldato
That's a serious bit of kit there wiiija, I'm guessing it weighs about as much as one of my shoes?

How do you find full sus for XC riding? I've always been into dirt, street and DH as you can tell from my previous bikes, but am going for a XC bike this time. I've not ridden a short travel light full sus like yours though, how do they hold up against hardtails?

Soldato
Its pretty light yes at around 24lbs at the moment (replaced the nobby nics for racing ralphs).

I like full suss for XC,hardtails accelerate better and dominate on fairly smooth tracks but full suss is much better on more technical trails in my opinion,I'd never go back now.

Sean

Soldato
Yeh,their the Xpedo Ti/Ti,solid pedals considering they weigh next to nothing,lasted me for for an age with 0 problems (hope I havent tempted fate).

Associate
Very nice wiija, is that the 05 s-works? I was tempted to get that frame now its been reduced, but decided to save myself the hassle of building it.

Where do you ride?

Soldato
Here's a picture of me and my baby from Morzine last year, you can't see it too well but it's a 2003 Giant AC1 with a few mods.

morzine3519yp.jpg

Here's a better picture.

AC1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Big Chris said:
Those are some funky shorts there Mulder, it seems the French's stange take on fashion got a hold of you over there ;).

What's with the reflectors though?
Flowery shorts are essential for any true freerider ;)

You woulnd't believe how many discussions I've had with people about the reflectors, I was going to take them off but when I realised they were considered to be really "un-cool" I thought I'd leave them on for that "retro" look. :D

Soldato

Not as cool as some of yours I know, but first bike I've had in ages. Goes like stink! Got the rigid forkes on it and love it. Only cost £400, bargin I'd say.

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Breamy said:
didnt get the marin in the end picked up a custom cove hanfjob will post sum pics tomorrow
That's funny, as I didn't get the Speccy in the end, but am probably going to buy a Marin!

Coves are lovely, looking forward to the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom