Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I agree.
Spend your money on a waterproof jacket + lights instead and go outside.

The local hills are: Leith Hill, downs and hogsback..

I used to mtb every weekend back in 1999.. now... it almost killed me running/walking around the local park. Idea for this is just to give me a starting point without the "it's raining" excuse.

Soldato
Anyone got a chain reaction voucher? I want to get me lad the commencal ramones 14 but it's £180!

I may have a £5 off £50 spend.
I usually lose these things so I took a picture of it with my phone. I forgot to take a photo of the back so I cant see the expiry date :p
I'm sure it's fine, it's not even a month old yet.

Email in trust if you want it.

Soldato
Because it makes an "air escaping" noise when I disconnect the pump and not when I connect the pump.

When you are pumping you pressurise everything after the internal valve of the pump (the chamber for indicator on the pump, the pump's hose, the air chamber of the shock). When you disconnect the pump, the chamber for the dial on the pump and the hose depressurise and you hear the air escaping. None of it comes from the shock chamber.

When you reconnect the pump, air from the shock chamber flows into the hose + dial chamber of the pump (hence why you see a pressure reading as soon as you connect the pump) this is where it loses the pressure.

Of course it's possible you have a dodgy pump and it does actually release air when disconnecting. Try and disconnect it very slowly. If it lets air out of the shock chamber, there will be a point when you are disconnecting that you can stop and fully depressurise the shock. If you cant find this point, you're not losing air from the shock.

Last edited:
Soldato
I normal pump should still be sealed untill the valve seals so only air from the pump escapes. it shouldnt be possible to release all the pressure by simply attaching the pump if it does its faulty.

Soldato
Right ok - may have to try another pump then. The pump reads 310psi and when i take it off and back on again its 250psi.... If i take it off and then back on again it read ~250psi.

PS: thanks for explaining touch :)

Caporegime

Nice! Not sure how I missed both those videos. Think I'll be stripping the bike down and boxing her up :)

Time to buy a spitfire I think Begbie! :)

(and a non-potatwoe action cam so that we can see the riding out there, it looks ace!)

ps: The Jewtube video looks sped up - not that I'm saying he looks fast, just that the video's a bit odd, motions are odd.

It's probably a cheap camera and the FPS causing issues with youtube, seen that happen before.

Dude, if I wasn't trying to buy a house before leaving I'd probably be seriously considering as I'll be on extra money too. But until I'm out, I'm having to be ultra tight :/

Associate
Do you bleed a reverb stealth the same as a standard non stealth reverb? Is it easy? Any good guides out there? I just ordered bleed kits for my brakes n seat post before bike park wales for a trouble free day hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom