1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big kink in hose advise required

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by ratters, 9 Jun 2021.

1. ratters

Hitman

Decided to have a look inside my case earlier for the first time in a while and was greeted by this big kink

Any advise how I can avoid that what fittings etc I require ?

Thankyou :)

[​IMG]

2. skyripper

Wise Guy

Couple of 45 degree angles should reduce the amount of curve needed

3. D1craig

Wise Guy

Or make it go over the hose it's going underneath therefore making it longer and less likely to kink.

4. tamzzy

Capodecina

anti-kink coils?

5. Gavster

Gangster

If it`s going to the right hand side CPU cooler (presumably inlet) the you could use a couple of 90`s so the tube would be almost straight.

6. MikeTimbers

Sgarrista

a 90 out the back of the gpu and a 90 from the cpu might allow a completely straight bit of tube

7. radderfire

Mobster

I don't build PCs but looking at the pic I would say you've simply used too short a piece of tubing for the route that is required and if you used a longer piece then this kink would not form. Basically, you are putting the tubing under too much curvature stress and over time this will mean the gradual application of stress forces will make the plastic kink.

8. Drumroll

Wise Guy

90 from GPU and maybe a 45 or 90 from the CPU.
    I always try to use as few as possible 45 and 90 fittings, but specially whit clear soft tubing (ZMT is less flexible), what seems like a sharp but ok curve, once the coolant warms up a bit is enough to make the tubing slightly more flexible and it happens.
    Anti link coils would help, but visually would send you back 10+ years ago, when I first start watercooling...

9. Jay85

Soldato

I got inventive and did this, was alot more pleasing to the eye.

[​IMG]

10. Drumroll

Wise Guy

Very nice.
    How hard is to work with hard tubing?
    Took delivery today of a 3.2DDC which will replace the 3.1 from the distro, but despite 10+ years watercooling, always used soft tubing, and never got a leak.

Back to the topic,sorry, maybe using the port at the opposite side of the block, you may be able to use a 45 for the GPU and a 45 for the CPU. Should give you an almost straight line.