1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Typhoon fitting

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Fireburst, 7 Mar 2006.

1. Fireburst

Associate

I am currently fitting my Big Typhoon onto my Gigabyte K8N Pro-Sli S939 which is fitted with a X2 3800

I am following the instructions to fit using the using the K8 alterrnative method. My mobo has a plastic backplate so following the instructions I have attached a H mount on top of that and then threaded the bolts through. I am looking at the total depth of the back plate combined with the H mount and it is approx the total depth of the risers which leads me to believe this isn't right. I assume there must be some clearance so I am thinking I should remove the backplate and fit the mount with the sponge and mylar instead.

Is this what everyone else does? I just want to be clear in my mind as this is my first build and I don't want to screw it up :)

2. mightynimrod

Mobster

Yes mate, the alternative method is really with the original backplate removed.

If it's stuck on then just use a hairdryer to soften the glue and it should pull off.

3. Fireburst

Associate