Biggest bargains...SLK 350?

Caporegime
OP
Yep I was promoted to head stylist . :D

The SLK is a nice what I would call cruiser and not a sports car . The 987 came up at to good a price not to say no -£7500 , 85K full history, IMS and rear main seal done 18 months ago at a cost of £2500 . The Boxster is such a drivers car .

if you have 8k to dump then swerve the SLK and get a Boxster , if you have 4K the SLK it an awesome car for the money but at 8k give it a miss .​

I reckon I'm going to wait and see if I can get an r172 next year for under 10k. They look sharper, and has a nicer interior.

Soldato
Lol I got accused of being ‘’insecure’ for saying it’s a bit of a girls car.

Then half the thread agreed with me.

do yourself a favour. Don’t buy one. Get a Boxster S which is an all round better car in every important sense and look a little less girly and be twice as happy.

you big girl. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Are these the biggest slept on performance bargains out there right now?

Not even close. We just picked up a 1.6 Petrol MK1 Berlingo for under £500, which is all anyone ever needs.

If you're going to go for an SLK then at least get the 55 with the lovely V8. Then you'll be cutting hair with the equivalent of a petrol hedge trimmer, rather than pink MX5 scissors :p

I cut hair with a flat 6 Boxster scythe and would take one of those anyday over the lardy Merc.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Hard to understand why my suggestion of a 987 Boxster has been shot down as being girly....the SLK was the female choice of the Mercedes range!

Associate
Not even close. We just picked up a 1.6 Petrol MK1 Berlingo for under £500, which is all anyone ever needs.

If you're going to go for an SLK then at least get the 55 with the lovely V8. Then you'll be cutting hair with the equivalent of a petrol hedge trimmer, rather than pink MX5 scissors :p

I cut hair with a flat 6 Boxster scythe and would take one of those anyday over the lardy Merc.

I'm not sure anyone who owns a Berlingo can really have any negative opinions about any car that has ever existed.

Caporegime
OP

Well, the berlingo isn't a performance bargain.

And the slk55 is much more expensive so isn't a bargain.

The 350 is a nice 3.5 reliable v6 with 300bhp (post fault fix)

Soldato
I'm not sure anyone who owns a Berlingo can really have any negative opinions about any car that has ever existed.

It's a mobile skip with a vast 107hp that costs less than 2 skips to hire and you can park it anywhere without giving a **** :D

We do have 5 other cars in the household and all of them are epic (in a non-skip way).

You should look at a later Boxster 986 S or early 987. Both are bargains vs the SLK and surprisingly practical with a front and rear boot! Reliability might not be quite up there with the Merc, but the issues hyped on the web are a little OTT.

Back
Top Bottom