Bike advice

Suspended
Well basicly. SRAM chains are easy to put on/ takeoff.

Get a 7 speed or 8 speed chain.

If you need a new chain because the other one was rusty and badly looked after then I doubt you'll need new cogs and all that jazz unless you abuse them!
kinky ;)

Anyway just egt a new chain.

The rule of thumb for peeps who bike often. If the chain develops a lot of flex, give in it and is worn out. It normally means the cogs etc.. are worn also so if you have the money you replace the whole back set of cogs and what ever ones of the 3 at the front are worn.

Soldato
Rednut05 said:
Well basicly. SRAM chains are easy to put on/ takeoff.

Get a 7 speed or 8 speed chain.

The rule of thumb for peeps who bike often. If the chain develops a lot of flex, give in it and is worn out. It normally means the cogs etc.. are worn also so if you have the money you replace the whole back set of cogs and what ever ones of the 3 at the front are worn.
Drivel. Connex Chains come with Connex Links which are the same as SRAM powerlinks. Shimano chains can also be used with SRAM powerlinks.

The rule with chains is more to do with whether they have streched (more than 1%) rather than flex.

Permabanned
OP
I'll have a look at the bike properly tomorrow. Might even take a couple of pics. :)

But I'll just get a new chain, and see how things go.

Any easy ways of getting the old chain off, without a chain removal tool? Or shall I attack it with the dremel? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom