Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Looks good, but at the minute i don't want to remove the cat just yet. the yoshi gp evo pipe is nice, but £800 for an end pipe is a little steep haha
ha it is indeed, i paid £750 for the full system which i jumped at as it was a bargain.

Just changing the end can doesn't do much for sound, only aesthetics really.

Associate
ha it is indeed, i paid £750 for the full system which i jumped at as it was a bargain.

Just changing the end can doesn't do much for sound, only aesthetics really.

Well there's no rush at the minute, get some miles on it first. After decatting the MT10, i certainly don't want anything as loud again haha

Associate
Oh yeah don't be like me, I'm too impatient and normally buy everything within a few days of getting a new bike :p

Been there before :)

Need a new helmet first, mine is 5 years old in december and is showing it's age a little now. Also trip planned abroad next year so could do with a couple of comfort items before any crazy mods :)

Soldato
What's this, someone with a brand new KTM that has issues, now where have I heard that before......
True but as I see it, it’s just like having a beautiful lady that has a few quirks. I can easily see past the faults, it’s hands down the best bike I’ve ridden. There aren’t any bikes that are this good on and off road.

Man of Honour
Been there before :)

Need a new helmet first, mine is 5 years old in december and is showing it's age a little now. Also trip planned abroad next year so could do with a couple of comfort items before any crazy mods :)
You really don't want to take a decatted bike to France, Italy, Austria or Germany these.

Associate
So i picked up the replacement bike yesterday, and it promptly decided to pee it down on the way home, got absolutely soaked haha. Couldn't really take any better pics so grabbed this quick one before putting her away.

FXMJDgVl.jpg

Soldato
Got rear ended today at very low speed, I went to go at a roundabout then stopped as there was a car flying towards it so waited for it. Woman behind hit me, I heard the plastic noise from the plate getting hit. I gestured that I was going to pull down the entrance of an industrial estate which I did but she didn't follow. I didn't see reg or anything but obv reported to police to get a log number in case I had to go to insurance. The number plate holder which is plastic is a little bent in but no cracks or damage and no obvious damage to the bike, it was probs less than 2mph, think I bounced very slightly forward. What should I be checking? Wheel looks visibly fine and there's no cracks or mis alignment to the swingarm or anything that I can see? Bike is a Harley iron 1200.

Soldato
Yeah seems to be OK, I was only a couple of miles from home and it rode OK home. Think I got away with it but was pretty bummed out by the fact she didn't stop at least.

Associate
Yeah seems to be OK, I was only a couple of miles from home and it rode OK home. Think I got away with it but was pretty bummed out by the fact she didn't stop at least.

Yeah it's a bit crap that they didn't have the decency to stop, even if you chased them and got their details, would you have gone through insurance? I can understand how you'd have felt at the time though. :(

Soldato
Yeah it's a bit crap that they didn't have the decency to stop, even if you chased them and got their details, would you have gone through insurance? I can understand how you'd have felt at the time though. :(
I'm glad I didn't chase them but tbh I was pretty upset at the time as I've only had the bike a month. Probably wouldn't go through insurance anyway considering no damage but it put the wind up me and I was worried there was underlying damage. Outcome was ok though considering

Soldato
I've said this before but i really hate riding in strong cross winds lol. A bit hairy on the way back from work today with 50mph gusts across the A1.
Faired bikes tend to act like bloody sails.

Soldato
Has anyone worked for a food delivery company? One of my friends started doing it for UberEats at the weekend, and does about 10-15 hours over the 3 days (peak hours) and showed me he makes about £150-200.
Work is slow atm so looking to get a few extra dollar and this could be quite good as I can just do it when I want rather than being tied down to certain days/hours.
I'll be on my YBR 125 so shouldn't have high fuel costs as I get about 110mpg and will attach a GoPro to my helmet in case of accident. Is there anything to be aware of, or anyone share their experiences (good or bad) doing it?

Back
Top Bottom