Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato
That is a classic didn't look beyond the black car turning into her road. Personally, I would have been weaving like **** and positioned right on the middle line, but then if you were there the car waiting to turn from the main road would probably have turned in front of you.... :rolleyes::(

In fact the golf shouldn't have left enough space for her (I'm assuming it was a women... :p) to pull out. I hate people who do that, flash/allow cars out when the opposite road isn't clear, what do they expect them to do, pull out anyway? Yes, it seems so. "Well the other car let me out so I thought it must be clear" duuuuuuuuu :rolleyes:

One

One

Soldato
I would put some blame on the black/blue car for giving up their right of way and enticing the white to car to make a move without paying full attention. There isn't anyone behind the black car either, literally no reason they should be giving up their right of way.

Soldato
That is a classic didn't look beyond the black car turning into her road. Personally, I would have been weaving like **** and positioned right on the middle line, but then if you were there the car waiting to turn from the main road would probably have turned in front of you.... :rolleyes::(

In fact the golf shouldn't have left enough space for her (I'm assuming it was a women... :p) to pull out. I hate people who do that, flash/allow cars out when the opposite road isn't clear, what do they expect them to do, pull out anyway? Yes, it seems so. "Well the other car let me out so I thought it must be clear" duuuuuuuuu :rolleyes:

Yup, the amount of special drivers on my commute is insane and quite scary at times. There's a double quite sharp bend about half way home and every time it rains there's some car wrecked on the side. Some van almost lost it into my lane coming round once and I literally just missed seeing some woman crash into the telephone pole. :rolleyes:. You don't often see the banks in good condition on those turns, they're always chewed up from cars crashing.

You'll probably know the two bends I'm on about Danm54?

Same road, very close to where I was almost hit. And this is just two...:

1402596891_vlcsnap-2014-05-08-18h42m30s137.jpg

1402596906_vlcsnap-2014-02-27-22h07m17s20.jpg

Yeah I tend to take that corner to the middle anyway as cars can come out of either side, but mostly the left side like the white car did.

Swerving was still required, but probably a good thing I wasn't to the left or directly in the middle of my lane!

I had said goodbye to my Hornet when that white car came at me. Was a proper feel your body tense up, brace for impact, can't turn properly type moment. I'm sure a lot of you have experience the same feeling - not nice!

Last edited:
Associate
Sure do, there were 2 cars between the bends the other day, both on the verge.
The corner in your clip has seen a few go straight on and also too far round.
There's been 2 lorry's in the ditch in separate incidents.
The Hunningham cross roads has also had at least 1 crash, so has the Warwick cross roads.

All that I've seen in 6 months of commuting in the morning, always been a bad road though.

One

One

Soldato
And the guy taking a pillion round, do some people just go for a Sunday stroll around the ring or something?

Yes. It's open to the public for a fee.

Nice riding edd1e, was also quite good to see the E36 owner's video, he was probably surprised how long it took to catch up with you and in hindsight you probably could have kept him behind you :p

One

One

Soldato
Woah. 300kmh on hard shoulders. I wouldn't drive a 4 wheeled car on the hard shoulder at that speed. Perhaps whatever country they were in have clean hard shoulders I dunno...

Associate
Silverstone on-board footage for each session, has been great watching it back as I can really see where I was going wrong. Need to adjust my body positioning a bit, I was trying to scrub too much speed off on the brakes and not carrying as much corner speed as I could have. I was coming out 1/2 gears too high onto the hangar straight, my entry into the maggots section was awful. The biggest thing was really looking through the corners, I wasn't consistent enough and when behind someone they were enough to distract me and really slow me down.

Last time I did a track day I hired one of focused events R6's and the brakes on it were terrible, when I went out for the first session and used the brake markers I previously used I was stopping way before the corner.

All that said, had a great day! Bit annoyed during session 5 where I was basically stuck behind 2 instructors as I wasn't willing to lunge past 3 bikes and the first instructor kept getting me back whilst I was wanting to go past the second instructor. Otherwise very fun and bike was brilliant, felt like it was on rails and paying for the suspension service was excellent as the guy actually took the time to explain what he was doing and how it would affect the bike. Only another 10 seconds a lap and I'd qualify on the back of the national superstock 600 grid :D

Associate
As daft as it sounds 10 seconds is not a huge amount to find on such a big circuit :p

as said before, great riding mate. I agree that filming yourself riding a track really helps you work out how to go faster. I've been filming my 'Ring laps for last 3 years and have been averaging about 15/20 seconds faster with each visit as i sit and study all of my footage.

Back
Top Bottom