Associate
I'm having a problem with the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon BIOS menu.
I can boot up "yey" and computer works fine. But I can't properly do anything in the BIOS screen.

Sometimes it's hard to catch the BIOS menu hitting delete, it just has loads of lines going across the screen and goes straight to windows 10.

When in the BIOS though, clicking the buttons seems to cause chaos, with text overlapping etc. Clicking F7 should bring up three options on the bottom left of the screen, however only two come up for me, 'settings' and 'OC', where is M-flash?

Clicking on either settings or OC just freezes everything and nothing can be done to get out of it unless I physically click my power down button.

Video of what happens here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSRpc9fAukM

Also my BIOS version is blank (as shown in the video), it is definitely version 1.2 which is the latest BIOS update from MSI on this motherboard.

Updating the BIOS was a ball ache from 1.0 to v1.2, I had to change the Display Port cable over to HDMI into my screen, from my GPU so that I could actually see what was going on, crazy! it was just a black screen otherwise. Once the update was complete I could go back to DisplayPort.

and yep RAM is still stuck at 2133mhz, I thought this motherboard was capable of 3200mhz which is what the memory is also capable of? nuts

CPU is AMD Ryzen 1700.
GPU XFX RX480 XXX GTR

Associate
OP
I found the issue to this problem - so for those out there that ever get the same problem here is what to do:

Simply unplug your display port connection from your GPU, plug in HDMI instead, to your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom