1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioshock

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Crixus00, 20 Feb 2010.

1. Crixus00

Wise Guy

No idea what i was doing when the original came out but it somehow managed to pass me by.

With the release of Bioshock2 i noticed what great reviews this got. Is it worth getting now, or will it look/ play dated?

cheers,

2. DampCat

Capodecina

It still looks very pretty tbh and is cheap enough.

Worth a play, especially if you're getting the sequal.

3. Langlest

Wise Guy

a lot of people have been saying that the first game actually looks and plays better, i havent played the 2nd one yet tho

4. Crixus00

Wise Guy

thanks for your replies, DL'ing of steam now...

5. Tom84

Capodecina

You'll love it!

I recently played through the first again prior to the sequel being released and it's lost none of it's looks

Great game :)

6. Crixus00

Wise Guy

:)

7. domthecondom

Mobster

i am playing number 1 again :) gameplay and looks are top notch

8. lee32uk

Underboss

One of my fav games ever :)

9. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

It takes some getting use to. The controls are all weird and the combat system is a bit strange. Also- you will die alot. You may also accidently hit quickload instead of quicksave like me and then not play it agin for 3 days in frustration.

10. Technics

Gangster

Don't think about it! just buy it.
    A great game, remember to pick up and listen to all the recordings you can find. The story is great, especially for the first one. Not so great in bioshock 2 but still pretty good.

11. clippa

Hitman

The mouse look is horrible, jerky and the game is very style over substance, all garnish and no dinner, not much game behind the glossy façade.
    Very overrated in my opinion, bioshock 2, unfortunately, is just more of the same. Still, I'm too late, you've bought it now :D Seems I'm in the minority though, everyone and their granny seemed to go for it.

12. Crixus00

Wise Guy

Well, just got past the first bit and i must be honest, I was ****ting myself the whole time! :eek: :p

Gameplay, graphics ad story seem really good so far. Pleased with my purchase :)

Have to agree though with the clippa's comment on the mouse, it does seem a little jerky but i'll get over it.

13. clippa

Hitman

You really won't :D You'll put up with it. The mouse look is slightly better in bioshock 2 but it's still shoddy.

14. Narj

Capodecina

Must admit that Bioshock 1 passed me by until recently. Played it all the way through and absolutely loved it!

I've got 2 but must say that it hasn't gripped me quite as much as the 1st one, although the dual wield is definitely an improvement. Busy playing Mass Effect 2 at the moment, I'll go back to Bioshock 2 when I'm a bit less immersed in ME2! :)

15. 'Wes

Capodecina

I'm not buying a few games atm, have too many to play, but when i first played the Bioshock demo from Steam, i thought the game was crap, then came the deal on Steam over the Christmas Holiday and i thought 'why the hell not?' and i loved it.