BlackMesa Source: A TRUE Half Life Source with COMPLETELY New Textures

Soldato
chopchop said:
so theres hl1 done on the source engine and now someone else is creating hl1 on the source engine, but calling it blackmesa ???? ???

no, there is a crappy HL1 source and the proper one that should have been done in the first place is being made

Caporegime
That looks ace. :cool:

The train ride at the beginning, and you see the Gman in the opposite carriage, and a Barney thumping some door, memories.

I only played up to the Zen bit, absolutely hated that part so never completed it, spoiled the game for me that did. :(

Soldato
Vicious said:
ive never played half life 1, would probably play it now but the gfx arnt that great now, but this gives me a chance to play it.

is there any idea when its actually gonna be ready?

But its not an identical remake, best playing the classic tbh.

Man of Honour
It's hopefully going to be totally fantastically amazing... but it should just be brilliant to look at, as they're doing some really nice graphical and general updates to the maps that look great.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
It's hopefully going to be totally fantastically amazing...

Thats the word i was looking for funnily enough :D But agreed, this is probably going to be one of the best single player mods out there. Anyone know how long it will be length wise?

Soldato
Personally I love the idea too, gonna be a fantastic mod. HL1 source wasnt worth it and this will better it. The thing we all loved about hl1 was the story and now its got the graphics updated... it should rock

Man of Honour
-Tauren- said:
Thats the word i was looking for funnily enough :D But agreed, this is probably going to be one of the best single player mods out there. Anyone know how long it will be length wise?

Well... I'd guess it'll take as long, if not longer than it takes to complete the standard Half-Life 1... as you're going to be admiring the graphics and level design of each level and say "ooooh, that's different" or "I don't like how they've done that bit" or "wow, that's made it even better".

-Tauren- said:
It said on black mesa source webby that they're not trying to recreate hl1 to the exact polygon? Or did i read it wrong? :confused:

From the level design pictures I've looked at, it's going to follow the same route regarding level layouts etc, but the levels are going to be slightly re-jigged, probably like they've done with some of the Counter-Strike: Source remake maps, to make it more a believable environment.

Back
Top Bottom