Blair on Parkinson...

Soldato
Crispy Pigeon said:
Parkinson asked: "So will you pray to God when you make a decision like that?"
Blair replied: "Well, I don't want to get into something like that."
Pressed on the subject he answered: "Of course you struggle with your own conscience about it because people's lives are affected and it's one of these situations that I suppose very few people ever find themselves in. In the end you do what you think is the right thing."....

You don't think you're placing some spin on what he said, do you?

you sure there wasn't more to the conversation than that?

there's more to a conversation than words spoken, and far more to read into and comprehend than you can recite here.

.. and no, i don't. :D

Soldato
n3crius said:
he's not that bad. now that would be horrific.
Yep, hence Kevin Spacey's "It's an interesting time to be out of the US" quote. I don't mind Blair, in fact I quite like the guy.:o Don't all flame me at once, take a number and queue up please, single file.;)

I was expecting some booing for Blair when he walked on or at the end of the show but he didn't, his reaction at the end looked to me as if he had expected something from the audience but was relieved with what he did get.

Associate
I thought he came across very well tonight. I think he is a nice guy who genuinely has the country's best interests at heart. The problem is some of the people around him, and that some of the stuff he has brought in is fine while a leader like him is in power, but will become very dangerous if we get a nutter.

Soldato
I watched this tonight and was surprised by him. His government and policies really don't inspire me to support them. However, as a person I thought he was ok and definately comes across as a guy you could get on with and have a joke etc. Obviously this is most likely put on to try and win him some brownie points.

Soldato
Blair's talent has always been his charm, his "I'm a nice guy, now turn around while I tax the cack out of you and take your civil liberties and heritage away" ability. Frankly, I think he's far more dangerous than bush is.

Permabanned
nero120 said:
Blair's talent has always been his charm, his "I'm a nice guy, now turn around while I tax the cack out of you and take your civil liberties and heritage away" ability. Frankly, I think he's far more dangerous than bush is.

Exactly. People here saying 'ooh he's a nice guy really!' make me wanna spew frankly.. of course he comes across as personable but that doesn't mean he isn't a complete piece of scum. His public image is carefully crafted and honed, he is an excellent actor. It's people's inability to see beyond the façade which has kept New Labour in power for so long.

Associate
dirtydog said:
People here saying 'ooh he's a nice guy really!' make me wanna spew frankly.. of course he comes across as personable but that doesn't mean he isn't a complete piece of scum. His public image is carefully crafted and honed, he is an excellent actor. It's people's inability to see beyond the façade which has kept New Labour in power for so long.
Pretty much word-for-word what I said to the wife last night when she said "Seems quite down to Earth really, doesn't he?" - except my reply contained a liberal sprinkling of F-words ...

I wonder if the spin doctors insisted on seeing a list of questions beforehand as a condition of Blair going on Parky in the first place - with their penchant for control-freakery, I can't imagine they'd let "Our Glorious Leader" go on unprepared ...

Soldato
He's a con artist, and anyone taken in by his cheesy exterior are quite frankly, idiots, and deserve what ever disasters befall them as a consequence of his actions.

Associate
Tony..Blair...is......a..robbing <----insert large F word here and his missus is also enjoying our money as well <----insert a nice B word here

IMO of course ;)

Caporegime
nero120 said:
Frankly, I think he's far more dangerous than bush is.

Frankly, that's a ludicrous statement in every possible sense. Blair has nowhere near the lack of intelligence or military might at his disposal that Bush has. He is a less powerful man all round, and nowhere near as dangerous.

Lying git, yes. Dangerous as Bush in a true sense, not a chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
dirtydog said:
Exactly. People here saying 'ooh he's a nice guy really!' make me wanna spew frankly.. of course he comes across as personable but that doesn't mean he isn't a complete piece of scum. His public image is carefully crafted and honed, he is an excellent actor. It's people's inability to see beyond the façade which has kept New Labour in power for so long.

There are many things we don't see eye to eye on but this isn't one of them dirtydog ;), Blair really makes me want to vomit, every word that falls from his quivering lips is all about spin, image or is just a lie. God/History really will be your judge Toni but unfortunately I don't think the verdict will be the one you expect, Labour's performance in so many areas has just been so horribly lacking it a joke.

His legacy will be that of Prime Minister that took the UK to war on a lie, to a conflict without end and to a country that is on the verge of civil war.

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Associate
n3crius said:
you sure there wasn't more to the conversation than that?

there's more to a conversation than words spoken, and far more to read into and comprehend than you can recite here.

.. and no, i don't. :D

no its in your head my friend that was a clear recitement of the conversation YOU just want there to be more to it so you can look like an intellectual and say you have an opinion on the matter..... tbh get a life....

Soldato
Richdog said:
Frankly, that's a ludicrous statement in every possible sense. Blair has nowhere near the lack of intelligence or military might at his disposal that Bush has. He is a less powerful man all round, and nowhere near as dangerous.

Lying git, yes. Dangerous as Bush in a true sense, not a chance.

Anyone who actually believes bush is in control is a fool. Bush is a figurehead, he has neither wit nor charm but he does have his name, he's probably not even self aware most of the time. Blair is calculating, manipulative, charismatic and has the ability to convince people that he actually has their best interests at heart.

Caporegime
Of course Bush isn't in complete control or the country would go to ****, he has advisors who help make his every decision. But he still wields more power than almost any other man on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom