Blind faith

Permabanned
Joe42 said:
There's no faith in science, and there's no faith in atheism. Everything scientists and atheists believe and do is based entirely on logic, reasoning and evidence.
There's no 'third way'. Either you have evidence for the existence of something, or you don't.

Atheism is the inherent faith that there is no god, you are wrong.

Permabanned
Joe42 said:
No he doesn't. Faith is the belief in something regardless of a lack of evidence.
He has, as do all other atheists, an almost infinite quantity of high quality reproducible evidence which suggests that a supreme being does not exist. All he does is compare this to the complete lack of evidence for the existence of a supreme being. He doesn't preach, he doesn't ask you to believe in anything, he simply presents the evidence that is there and asks you the question 'why do you believe in this when there's so much evidence against it?'.

O deary deary me! Its interesting to note that in Richard Dawkins' book, he fails to talk once about the large historical event of the resurrection. Not once, in such a large book. I find this very interesting, not least because RD knows its the one area of Christianity that makes or breaks the entire religion and faith. It's also the most hitorically documented event, factual that a man called Jesus existed and that he did 'rise from the dead'. RD overlooks this in spectacular fashion.

Permabanned
Homeslice said:
O deary deary me! Its interesting to note that in Richard Dawkins' book, he fails to talk once about the large historical event of the resurrection. Not once, in such a large book. I find this very interesting, not least because RD knows its the one area of Christianity that makes or breaks the entire religion and faith. It's also the most hitorically documented event, factual that a man called Jesus existed and that he did 'rise from the dead'. RD overlooks this in spectacular fashion.

Historically and factually documented that Jesus rose from the dead? Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

Permabanned
The "fact" of the resurection is at the core of Christian beliefs, to say it is the most historically documented event is tenuous at most. The evidence would not convince a jury. ;)

Not to say it didn't happen, but it is certainly anything but proven.

Permabanned
Azagoth said:
Historically and factually documented that Jesus rose from the dead? Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

Oh dear - miseducation is a horrible disabilty ;)

The destruction of the arguments against the resurrection is the easiest form of proof. Arguments against the ways of life in the time of Jesus are testament to that fact. In a modern court, you dont need physical evidence to prove a case, you need to convince 'beyond all reasonable doubt'.

This is managed fairy easily with the resurrection even without physical proof.

Man of Honour
Homeslice said:
It's also the most hitorically documented event, factual that a man called Jesus existed and that he did 'rise from the dead'.

No doubt there was a terrorist called Jesus who upset every Jewish elder he could, no doubt they nailed him to a cross for doing such things but saying its a fact he rose from the dead - give me a break.
His whole new religion was based on the fact that he would rise up to his father and it just so happened that his second in line (maybe wife) saw him for a few seconds.
Great proof that.

Caporegime
dmpoole said:
No doubt there was a terrorist called Jesus who upset every Jewish elder he could, no doubt they nailed him to a cross for doing such things but saying its a fact he rose from the dead - give me a break.
His whole new religion was based on the fact that he would rise up to his father and it just so happened that his second in line (maybe wife) saw him for a few seconds.
Great proof that.

Stag said:
The thing is, by proving someone wrong doesn't automatically prove you yourself are correct.

Quite apt if you ask me...

Permabanned
Homeslice said:
Oh dear - miseducation is a horrible disabilty ;)

Wow, you're a funny guy! I tell you what, you show me all this historic and factual proof that some leader of a cult called Jesus rose from the death he probably deserved and I'll consider myself re-educated.

Permabanned
Azagoth said:
Wow, you're a funny guy! I tell you what, you show me all this historic and factual proof that some leader of a cult called Jesus rose from the death he probably deserved and I'll consider myself re-educated.

You show me your evidence that he deserved it!

Its funny what stories and other bits of twadle people have to believe and accept just to dissprove Christianity and Jesus.

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
he would rise up to his father and it just so happened that his second in line (maybe wife) saw him for a few seconds.
Great proof that.

Her and over 600 other people shortly afterwards. Documented. Coincidence i'm sure.

you show me all this historic and factual proof that some leader of a cult called Jesus rose from the death he probably deserved and I'll consider myself re-educated.

you show me all this historic and factual proof that Jesus did not rise from the dead and I'll consider myself re-educated.

Works both ways! Whats that? You can't? In all fairness is there any point in continuing to post? :)

Associate
Homeslice said:
Her and over 600 other people shortly afterwards. Documented. Coincidence i'm sure.

you show me all this historic and factual proof that Jesus did not rise from the dead and I'll consider myself re-educated.

Works both ways! Whats that? You can't? In all fairness is there any point in continuing to post? :)

Bold: what you are wanting described are essentially Judiasm and Islam.
Show me the proof that jesus had actually died!

Back
Top Bottom