Blu Ray players help

Soldato
Hi All I hope i,m in the right forum :) I have got a blu ray player in my p.c & laptop and this fault is happening in both od them with the same blu ray films ..I don,t seem to be able to play Star Wars Force Awakens & Original Star Wars with any player except Powerdvd 16 what is this issue ? the error i get on the VLC player is this :

Blu-ray error:

This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it.

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///D:/'. Check the log for details.

and on the Potplayer x64 it is this : A problem has accurred while starting playing can,t play media file unable to get video/audio data

It can,t be the player because both P.C & Laptop blu ray players are the exact same error :(

Soldato
It's a massive mess playing BDs on the PC, due to licences required to play them. PowerDVD is best for this as they have the correct licences, attempting to use any other players usually doesn't work due to the developer unwilling to pay for said licences. There are the odd free players that do work, but not with all BDs.

I just gave up and used a dedicated BD player instead.

Soldato
OP
ahh yes thanks ! I thought it was a Licence type of issue :) I always thought Powerdvd was the best performer anyway so at least i can still play them ha! The other free players are fine with MKV files etc which i guess is what most people do ,just download the blu ray in a MKV file and watch it instead of the blu ray disc ,which is kind of the way things are going i guess :(

Back
Top Bottom