1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue screen overclock 3700+

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Blue Cypher, 14 Jan 2006.

1. Blue Cypher

Wise Guy

I have managed to successfully overclock my 3700+ to 2.81 Ghz from 2.2. Problem is now if i go above that i get the blue screen of death. I have uped the v core to 1.5 volts and my ddr is at 2.8 volts. I have tried to get rid of the blue screen by upping the vcore to 1.67 volts but this failed. i am a newbie at this and this is my first overclock so i was wondering is this the limit on my processor? can i not get more, i am using the standard heat sink and fan and my process or is at 34C idle and about 48C on full load.

2. Blue Cypher

Wise Guy

ok i have just noticed that after a while my games quit to the desk top, is this because of the overclock?

3. n3x

Hitman

erm you might wanna lower that vcore, it abit too high! yes it probly is because of your overclock, i reckon you should back it down abit and try not to go over 1.6v's!

4. Blue Cypher

Wise Guy

ok thx for that, i have put it down to 1.5 again which was last stable, but my game (call of duty 2) still quits to desktop after a while

5. Legless

Hitman

Try running Prime95 to check that the overclock is stable... My 3700+ only does 2600mhz (10x260) stable on the stock HSF, but will post into windows much higher, but like you, due to instabilities, games would crash back to desktop... :(

6. rxmac

Hitman

Had the same when my oppy was at 3ghz everything seemed fine benched everything i ran on it even ran folding at home for hours on end, 10 min into FEAR and it crashed dropped it a couple of clicks on the fsb and it was fine so my guess is you have pushed it a little too far.

7. Blue Cypher

Wise Guy

thx for that guys i will slow it down a notch then, i take it its not the heat causing this problem, is it just the fact that i cant puch it anyfarther at all even if i water colled it or anythin?