1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluescreen when i install 2nd stick of ram in A8N32 SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Over Clocker, 18 Feb 2006.

1. Over Clocker

Man of Honour

Hi guys,

I have my asus a8n32 sli running fine on 1 stick of ram, but when i put the 2nd stick in, it bluescreens during windows startup.

The ram is the 2gig G-skill kit. works ok with 1x 1gig stick, but not with both.

Any ideas, bios settings etc?

Thanks guys,

Mal :)

2. maddad68

Banned

Hi Over Clocker ..

I hope you will have it sorted by now but if not maybe this will help .

I had the exact same problem with my mobo and my G Skill HZ ram , One stick would run fine but as soon as i try and add the second stick i would get blue screens and shutdowns.

After a lot of digging around and help from others , I found out that i had to change the settings in the bios to alter the timings of my ram .

Here is the guide i had :

This might work for you give it a try , Try and make small changes and keep a note of what you change , I was told that the settings are the default settings for my ram and i need to make other changes to get it to optimum...but it works fin as it is .

If anyone can add to this feel free to do so ..it all helps

I just finished playing F.E.A.R with all the fluff on at full tilt and never had a single problem .

Good luck and let us know how you got on ... Allso witch Gskill kit you got ? HZ , ZX or other ?

Maddad

3. loltim

Capodecina

Yup, same problem with my 2GB GSkill HZ, RMA'd and swapped with Mushkin:)

4. Over Clocker

Man of Honour

Hi there, thanks for the help, but i tried the above bios settings and no joy, it bluescreens with 2 ram sticks :(

Any other ideas? I am running the 1009 bios, and 2.60 was the lowest given ram vcore setting. Is that right?

Is there anything else that i could try?

Thaks,

5. maddad68

Banned

Did you set up the bios with 2 sticks in ?..... if so try just doing it with 1 stick in... then exit and save ...let it reboot normal .... then close down ... put second stick in then reboot .

6. ted34

Wise Guy

When you say it works fine with one stick is that with either of the sticks. Make sure that both sticks are memtest free and then put two in and boot into memtest and see which test fails. Depending on the test then you can work out if a module is faulty or whether o/c causing probs. Could be the divider as well. I found one divider to be stable and another not to be even though the fsb and timings were the same for both

just read another of thread where someone had the same prob - apparently a dodgy batch of gskill hz

Last edited: 19 Feb 2006
  7. ACPCUP

PermaBanned

I suppose you have tried putting one stick in slot 1 and the other in slot 3?

8. Over Clocker

Man of Honour

Hi, yep, i set up the BIOS with both sticks in. I'll do it your suggested way this evening and report back!!

9. Over Clocker

Man of Honour

maddad68, thanks, you solved it!!

Nice one, cheers,

10. maddad68

Banned

Hey Over Clocker ,

Glad i could be of help mate , I know how it feels if things don't work .

have fun .

Maddad