Bluetooth wireless headsets

Associate
I want to get a bluetooth wireless headset for gaming but just for the mic ans I want to hear sound from just the speakers....

Is this possible with any headset you can bluetooth to your pc? (like the small headset you would use for a mobile phone and a bluetooth dongle)

Soldato
I used to use a bluetooth over ear hands free thing. Worked fine, just set that as the recording mic device. Of course, I say it worked fine, which it did, it just wasn't faultless. I found it would cut out when playing certain games, very annoying, more hassle than it was worth in the end.

Soldato
One for audio and one for phone calls etc will be quite different. I think headsets that are designed for phones don't support the protocols needed to transfer decent quality audio from the PC, so be wary. You'll pay a lot more, but if you don't, everything will sound like phone call quality.

This is based on my experience with messing about with a bluetooth headset and my PC!

Soldato
i use one with teamspeak and its a lot more hassle than its worth!

randomly the speaker will just stop working. im not sure if its a driver thing or what but there is definitely not an issue with the headset it self as the same thing happens with 2 of them.

many a time have I turned it on only to find that the speaker doesnt work but the mic part does. after a reinstall of drivers it works again but soon breaks.

a usb soundcard and a standard wired headset is probably a better way to go as you could seperate the game sound with the voice in the same way as the bluetooth headset. infact i find i use my wired 360 controller and headset more often now as that basically acts as a usb soundcard

Associate
OP
I'm not too worried about getting decent sound from the PC over the headset (in fact I'd prefer no sound) as I will use seperate speakers for the sound. I only really want the headset to do the mic bit to the PC, for which sound quality isn't much of a concern as long as I can be understood...

Back
Top Bottom