Blueyonder/Telewest speed upgrades

Associate
I thought that I would point everyone in the direction of: http://ir.telewest.co.uk/phoenix.zhtml?c=76808&p=irol-newsArticle&t=Regular&id=742232&

Which basically states the following:

Current 512k users will move to 2MB Down / 256k Up
Current 1MB users will move to 4MB Down / 386k Up
Current 2MB and 4MB users will move to 10MB Down / 386k Up

and the important part:
"All the tiers will remain free of usage limitations, following research showing consumers' confusion over bandwidth caps. The company believes its unlimited policy continues to give customers peace of mind and the ability to get the most out of rich media content."

Permabanned
ThE-NiNjA said:
Dam the uplaods still VERY poor

10 meg down for 35 a month is good enough for me :D only people who want to run game servers or p2p users worried about leeching bans need more..

Permabanned
Groovey, but the upload still sucks majorly, the usual is 10% of the download! and thats clearly not 10% lol

If there upload was at 1 meg i would have stayed with them and cancelled the buldog activation but i guess even when they upgrade they shall still be lagging behind. especialyl with the rollout of the 24 meg lines with 3 meg uplaods

Altho its a nice thing to see they have reduced there prices! :)

Permabanned
Matblack said:
Can the older surfboard modems cope with 10Mb?!!!!11 :eek:

MB

good point that..

I noticed the log file on mine shows a failed update recently, wonder if that was the trial ?

Permabanned
Danger Phoenix said:
What are people going to do with such speeds anyway... will websevers etc be able to cope with demands at these speeds?

at over 1 meg / sec download speed I can see a lot of large HD's being sold soon....

Permabanned
ThE-NiNjA said:
Might aswell be with there pos upload speeds on the 10 meg service.

:rolleyes:

Yeah we should really be annoyed because they're giving us the fastest available broadband in the UK and charging the same or less for it. Tsk, some people.

10mbit uncapped for me from September.....ooh boy, time for a bigger HD I think :D

Back
Top Bottom