Blur - PC racer...any info?

Associate
Any ideas ladies and gents?

I have played the game at my mates house and its awesome, A few of my mates and I are awaiting the release via Steam.

Any information would be appriciated

Soldato
Any ideas ladies and gents?

I have played the game at my mates house and its awesome, A few of my mates and I are awaiting the release via Steam.

Any information would be appriciated

There's a post on the steam forums, where a steam rep says there cannot give a release date for blur on steam outside the USA, and the way it is phrased suggests those who want to wait for it will have to wait a long time.

There's a post on the dev's forum also saying they don't know when or if it will be released on steam, and suggest buying it on retail.

So it's not looking good for a steam release.

If you have any american friends, you can always pay them to gift it to you.

Associate
does this have MP ? and if so how is it implemented P2P or dedicated ?

This will be the deciding factor for me. I like the look of it so much I was considering just getting it, but the campaign is really short according to a review I read.

Associate
OP
I have been playing this on my brothers 360 and its great.....really tempted to get for pc but shame its not on steam.....

Anyone get pc version? Are a lot people playing online?

Man of Honour
Been playing a bit of this, seems to be mostly style over substance:

+Decent gfx
+Good performance
+Powerups work well for the most part

-Fan challenges are often 'impossible' while racing due to the very short timeframe within which you must perform them e.g. nitro overtake when you are miles out in front, mine hit when you don't have a mine powerup etc etc.
-Handling feels a bit stupid (bear in mind I'm an arcade racer, not a sim fanatic)
-Poor continuity (after I beat my second boss, I got a video saying congratulations on beating my first boss - but I'd already beaten the L2 boss before taking on L1!)
-Gets old really quickly
-Racing is easy but some objectives (required to faces bosses) are hard - they haven't got the balance quite right
-Don't seem to be able to redefine controls, just pick from presets?

Soldato
I bought Blur and Split Second for £10 each (new) on PS3 recently and while both are good fun and well worth what i paid Split Second is the better game. If you like Blur i would definitely give Split Second a shot :)

Soldato
Yes it is available from d2d for example. I bought it from them in a sale last week for about £7. Seems decent. I also bought blur, yet to try that so can't compare.

Back
Top Bottom