BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Where are you F10 owners sticking your phones in the car?

Don't pick mine up until tonight but would like to get something ordered that doesn't look naff...

I'll only really need to use it for playing music from Spotify.

Pocket, failing that then the armrest. Phone holders are banned. :p

Man of Honour
Finally picked my car up today! :D :D :D

Drove back in complete silence for the 40 minute drive to listen for any rattles/vibrations/squeaking. And happy to report there's nothing. And because it's been 4 weeks and 3 different hire cars in between, I can't even remember how it felt to drive before so can't really worry myself over that being different. All in all I'm chuffed

And I've missed that power, actually moving when I put my foot down. A Fiat 500, Corsa and Mini One Countryman have all made me appreciate this car so much more :D

Associate
Spoke to a local dealer about the new service packs as my 320d is due it's first service at 11 months old / 18100 miles.

They have said I can buy the new £399 3yr/36k service pack and they have said it will definitively cover my first and second service.

My concern would be that the car decides my next service is due at, say, 38000 I won't be covered. The dealer have suggested this isn't an issue (maybe could have the service done early?)

I have an email confirming that the pack will definitely cover two services given my first is being done now. This is a saving of over £300 on the cost of the 2 services separately, but I'm concerned they won't honour the 2nd service if the car isn't saying it's due before 36k.

Man of Honour
How can the pack possibly cover two standard oil services for every driver? Surely it depends - its variable mileage or 2 years, so if you do under 12k a year you'll get one service and if you do very high mileage which stretches the interval out you'll get one service....?

IMHO they've vastly reduced the appeal of the service pack with these changes. At 5 years/50k it was a great offer.

The one benefit of the change is that it is now much cheaper if you are buying after the car is 90 days old, previously for say a 5 Series 5 years/50k was £800 after the first 90 days but before the first service, whereas the new pack is half the price (But has less cover).

They can do it early, I'm not sure what the tolerances are so perhaps they do and are relying on that when they advise you?

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoke to a local dealer about the new service packs as my 320d is due it's first service at 11 months old / 18100 miles.

They have said I can buy the new £399 3yr/36k service pack and they have said it will definitively cover my first and second service.

My concern would be that the car decides my next service is due at, say, 38000 I won't be covered. The dealer have suggested this isn't an issue (maybe could have the service done early?)

I have an email confirming that the pack will definitely cover two services given my first is being done now. This is a saving of over £300 on the cost of the 2 services separately, but I'm concerned they won't honour the 2nd service if the car isn't saying it's due before 36k.

I bought the service pack with my M135i (when it was £499 and 5 years/50k miles) and I get two services out of it. First at around 23k, and the second at 48k miles. I'm not sure you'd get two services out of the new pack tbh.

Man of Honour
BMW went through a phase in about 2014 of not enabling Bluetooth streaming on cars without the enhanced Bluetooth option. This stopped for 2015.

Associate
Clapped eyes on the new 5 series @ Sytner Nottingham today all cammo'd up! The interior was absolutely stunning, so much want right there!

Was a shame to have to walk past it to get to my 335i that had been in for warranty works. E92 interior after seeing the new 5 made me more than a little sad!!

What to replace the 335i with...

Back
Top Bottom