1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Steedie

Man of Honour

The LED lights make such a different to the look of the car, I'm guessing Xenons are still the standard on the G30?

2. Stephen B

Wise Guy

tell me about it, I brought forward my M3 order to avoid the hike from 265 to 450 ish

possibly not the soundest financial move but I needed a reason to get out of this Golf R estate :)

3. Havana_UK

Mobster

I so want an M3....did you get any sort of fancy deal out of them?

4. Stephen B

Wise Guy

I did, after approaching them with some c2c info and an initial offer from TRL

sadly not as big as the ones last year tho :(

5. NooBish AbbZ

Mobster

I really like the look of the new 5 Series, the estate too :(

6. mr tommo

Soldato

Come on then....somebody help me out.

My 63 plate F10 (which I thought had enhanced bluetooth but probably doesn't) has the pro media/nav. However, when I connect my iPhone 6, the only functions I can tick are Telephone1.

Then under multimedia > external deviced > There is only USB or Front AUX.

I had thought I'd be able to stream via bluetooth but obviously not the case. Is this a feature provided by the enhanced Bluetooth option?

Other than that......wow! Absolutely love it!!

Last edited: 1 Feb 2017
  7. DRZ

Soldato

*sigh*

Why are things with BMW such a faff more often than they should be? All resolved now but:

Bought some tyres for the front of my car online and had them delivered to a local tyre fitter. They couldn't get the wheels off! Reckoned the wheels had been put on with an air gun and massively over-torqued as a result.

So, as this is a BMW Approved Used car, which I've owned for around 3 months and done less than 6,000 miles in, I called BMW. Great! They are willing to help and, as long as I can get the original supplying dealer to pay (which means I have to call them, they won't handle it for me), then there will be no cost. I don't understand why they put it on me to call them up, but anyway I give them a call and they agree to pay. Behind the scenes they started haggling on the price...

This all happened on Friday late on, so I was expecting to have my car back on Monday. On Monday I'd heard nothing so I give them a call only to be told that while they had got the wheels off the car, the valve caps have corroded into the valves and cannot be removed. I can't understand why an AUC car would have the incorrect valve caps, but it does. Furthermore, the actual tyre pressure sensor inside one of the rear wheels has been mullered when the supplying dealer changed the rear tyres.

Predictably, my local BMW dealer and the original supplying dealer disagreed about the issue even existing let alone who should pay. BMW UK simply didn't want to know, saying it was a dealership issue not a BMW UK one. I ran out of patience and escalated this to the Dealer Principal of the dealer I bought the car from. He wasn't particularly pleased to be taking my call but I calmly laid out the issue and asked him what could be done to restore my faith in my car, his dealership and the BMW brand. He promised me a resolution by 12pm on Wednesday, recognising the fact that there was a customer who had been without his car for 4-5 days and was looking at a bill north of £500 to rectify issues that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I got a call yesterday at about 11am to say that my car was ready for collection, with no bill.

Obviously I got the resolution I wanted in the end, but I am *sick* of having to chase and argue with dealerships about things that shouldn't be my issue in the first place.

8. Rybo89

Capodecina

Petrol F10's really hard to come by ain't they. I didnt realise how bad it was.

9. Basher

Sgarrista

10. grudas

Capodecina

yup... all the 520d's rolling around :o

11. MoRT489

Soldato

This was my experience with Sytner (two different cars and dealerships), once the cars had been sold they just didn't care, no after-sales care at all. Like you I got my issues resolved eventually after much back and forth :rolleyes:

12. Rilot

Don

Was one of the reasons I ended up not buying one, or a F01 7-series.
    Just 2% of the F10s on Autotrader are petrol.

[​IMG]

Makes me wonder if BMW will just stop offering petrol as an option at all for the UK.

13. P.B

Wise Guy

I doubt it as Diesels will be taxed heavier due to emissions ?

I assume they will go hybrid like the 330e.

14. Gaygle

Capodecina

This is my experience with quite a few dealers. Rarely did I, or my mother or father or friends ever walk into the dealer and them say "All done on time, no issues and thanks very much". Normally there's *something* which is a problem and which takes them hours/days to rectify and involves lots of phone calls and umming and ahhhing.

I remember when my mum took her car in for an inspection/brake fluid service at BMW. She got a call saying that her injectors were part of a "quality enhancement" and that they were going to swap them out for new ones FOC, but that it'd still be ready for collection by the end of the day and they'd call her.

1600 comes and she hears nothing. So she calls them for them to say "The service is done, the injectors are done but there is an extra £120 charge for the spark plugs". Obviously she never asked for the spark plugs to be changed, but the dealer had changed them when they did the injectors - as per protocol - but then apparently the warranty company or whoever were refusing to pay for the spark plugs, and the dealer was also refuing to pay for them so tried to just bill the customer. The only issue is that she'd paid BMW £120 to change them only a few thousand miles/6 months previously so paying for brand new genuine plugs to be changed again was a bit unfair. They couldn't sort it out that day, so she had to call them the next day and the service manager agreed that it wasn't really cricket, and zero'd them off.

In my experience, unless there is a part which is particularly pricey and only available from BMW - it's just much less hassle to get things done yourself by buying the OEM part(s) at 50% of the price of the Genuine item, and taking it to a trusted, reliable local mechanic.

15. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

16. thewanted

Soldato

Someone got a bit carried away with the options list :eek:

17. DRZ

Soldato

Yeah, unless you want to preserve your new car/AUC/extended warranty in a "hassle free" way - I mean, as soon as something goes awry you're basically at the mercy of BMW looking favourably (no matter what the EU law states) on your case.

I have done and will continue to do things like change my brakes myself as BMW want ludicrous money for that but other than consumables I'm not sure I would take my car somewhere other than BMW. That is purely because of the age and warranty status of both of my cars. I'm tempted to not renew the warranty on the Z4 now it isn't driven daily, but then the peace of mind is so good with it. Well, sorta, as it can be a total faff actually dealing with BMW but the warranty itself is a solid product.

18. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

Sadly, more often than not, they will get away with not having to pay, meaning more profit for the dealership, which is why they exist. Most customers don't know how to deal with things like this and some even assume that they should be paying.

19. Rybo89

Capodecina

Thats the starting price for a decent M5...

20. mjt

Capodecina

Great spec, just wrap it?