BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
I think my main frustration is that my older policy has a nebulous cut off for wear and tear which no one can tell me a definition of. I understand if the engine/gearbox failed I'd be covered but calling my cover "fully comp" when a range of things are not covered at an unspecified point seems cheeky - although that is how the policy is worded.

I was also under the false impression the policy had been updated with the price rise to the current one in which case I would be fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
but I still think the new screen just ruins it a little bit
Screens are too big now to integrate them into the front dash. Imagine how big and ugly the plastic screen surround would look.

Unless they went the Tesla way and excluded everything in the centre console and fitted an iPad sized screen lower down.

Soldato
Screens are too big now to integrate them into the front dash. Imagine how big and ugly the plastic screen surround would look.

Unless they went the Tesla way and excluded everything in the centre console and fitted an iPad sized screen lower down.

Comparing apples and oranges here, but the new Panamera does it very well (IMO)

hb58D1Ml.jpg

Man of Honour

The screen in the G30 is barely any larger than that in the F10 and Mercedes have integrated a large dual screen in the new E class, so this simply isn't true.

Soldato
Why is there such a difference in price for approved f10 m5 vs e80 m3.

M5 approved start circa 35k.
M3 around 40k.

Is it the £500 tax bill? Other known problems that can potentially generate massive bills?

I can't imagine a massive difference in warranty prices?

Man of Honour
The M5 has been out longer than the M3, therefore older cars are available which are cheaper.

There is a difference in warranty pricing too.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30470333 said:
The M5 has been out longer than the M3, therefore older cars are available which are cheaper.

There is a difference in warranty pricing too.

Thanks.

Need a 4 door family saloon which I can still enjoy. The e80 looks beautiful but not sure if I want to shell out an extra 12k over a 340i. Aiming for later in the year so would be interesting to see the prices in another 6 months.

Caporegime
Ballin'

10wuoap.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
From the label:

"The water bubbles to the surface from an artesian spring in the shadow of the Black Mountain in Wales".

I shall use it as screenwash. Only the best for my aged car.

Soldato
A 48 month PCP on that car sounds like bad news - would you not be far better with a personal loan, even if it's over a fair period of time?

By end point you've paid £11k so what is the balloon payment and the Apr? Pay the lot off over 5 or even 6 years at 3% instead - you will still be stuck with it equity wise for a couple of years but have a more realistic chance of then being able to move it on (imo)

In terms of the car itself, auto would be a deal breaker for me if I had to go 320d

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom