BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Its the people who make these places, and far to often car salesman seem to have real chips on their shoulders.

I got my Mum the VW Up this weekend and it was refreshing to deal with a sales guy who was nothing but accommodating, though he was only around 24 but he was helpful and at no point tried to push anything on us.

Though he could not do much in the way of discount (I already knew the car was well priced) but had to try he did fill the car up and agreed to sort the windscreen so that Seat get billed and so my Mum did not have to pay £75 windscreen excess.

So true (my niece has a new up which she loves, first car too!) this guy commented on my watch which was a present for my recent birthday from my other half, nothing fancy, perhaps a couple of hundred quids worth and then promoted his colleague next to him to show me his Rolex (after telling me the dealer made next to no profit in the cars they sold!) somewhat crass I thought....

Soldato
Getting the windscreen replaced on the 750, it makes me very nervous. Always worried they will damage the inner panels and make a home for rust :(

I had the same fear with my 550i, ended up getting BMW here in NZ to do it as I don't trust the normal windscreen replacement companies; covered for any future damage as a result of their work plus they know how to work with the alloy firewall! AA where not happy but covered under the free replacement as it cost well over a $1000 NZD compared to the normal $200 from the cheap companies!

Soldato
Because of the recent M3 chat I've been looking at them despite having my heart set on a Boxster S to replace my Z4M. I'm almost certain if I needed rear seats I'd be going down that route though.

Transmission breaker
Don
I had the same fear with my 550i, ended up getting BMW here in NZ to do it as I don't trust the normal windscreen replacement companies; covered for any future damage as a result of their work plus they know how to work with the alloy firewall! AA where not happy but covered under the free replacement as it cost well over a $1000 NZD compared to the normal $200 from the cheap companies!

I did this with my XF last time but it was a lot of grief :(

I shall just hover about and make sure the chap takes his time...

Soldato
Are you reusing the sensors? Make sure the person doing it gets rid of ALL the glue residue on the sensors as this can affect the rain sensor especially if there are air bubbles etc. between the sensor and glass. Our S4 had a cheap replacement windscreen using the insurance cover and the rain sensor doesn't work as well as new because of the glue.

Caporegime
Home. Very wet roads so can't really comment yet. What's the verdict on MPSS in wet ? Felt a little less planted than I expected. Especially on cats eyes

Definitely a lot to learn on how to drive it but it's effortless and loving all the tech.

Transmission breaker
Don
Are you reusing the sensors? Make sure the person doing it gets rid of ALL the glue residue on the sensors as this can affect the rain sensor especially if there are air bubbles etc. between the sensor and glass. Our S4 had a cheap replacement windscreen using the insurance cover and the rain sensor doesn't work as well as new because of the glue.

No idea, I just plugged in the car details, and they booked it in. I assume they at least know what they are doing!

OcUK Staff
Home. Very wet roads so can't really comment yet. What's the verdict on MPSS in wet ? Felt a little less planted than I expected. Especially on cats eyes

Definitely a lot to learn on how to drive it but it's effortless and loving all the tech.

Down to the car I feel.

On my E46 they stick like poo poo to a blanket even on these very cold wet winter nights, I can drive fully committed, but that car is 1350kg area and the whole car is setup for huge grip with the cage and running 255/40/18 all round.

Whereas on the Mustang though they perform well, damn site better than the Pzero in such conditions the car can feel nervous on cats eyes, crown of the road etc if off the power or too much power, but its a far heavier car at 1650kg and is not as well tied together as the E46.

I'd say just learn it, the E9x like the Mustang is a large chunky car. Other thing to note is MPSS on the rear start to lose a lot of there performance once you go under 4mm on the back axle at 3mm they struggle on cold wet days. If yours are new then your probably just getting used to the car, EDC to softest will help and keep DSC full activated whilst your getting used to it.

Transmission breaker
Don
Ok, so i just emailed the windscreen people, and asked them to confirm the screen manufacturer, and sensor compatibility.

Fingers crossed, just looked on RealOEM and i am none the wiser, there are a lot of choices!

Soldato
I'm starting to think of what to get as my next car, I currently have a Fiesta St which has another 16 months on Pcp but I keep seeing great deals on the m140i for not a great deal more than I'm paying now

My only thoughts are it being a rear wheel drive , something which I haven't driven before and the amount of power behind it

Does anybody have experience of driving both cars?

How do they compare handling wise?

I can chuck the fiesta into any corner and boot it anywhere with confidence

Soldato
It's definitely fun but I really want a 5 door car next, I'd get a focus St but I'd also like an automatic, also the monthly payment on a focus was more than the Bm

Anyways like I say it's all just thinking atm and comparing what's out there

Man of Honour
I popped into Tamworth BMW yesterday (what a refreshingly good experience) and whilst nosing at the new 5 series, noticed a fantastic looking M4 Competition they had in, with some nice carbon bits and in a FANTASTIC green colour, which this photo does not do justice!

32644234451_c2744f8002_h.jpg

I have not seen a better looking M4!

Associate
Housey;30480329 said:
I popped into Tamworth BMW yesterday (what a refreshingly good experience) and whilst nosing at the new 5 series, noticed a fantastic looking M4 Competition they had in, with some nice carbon bits and in a FANTASTIC green colour, which this photo does not do justice!

32644234451_c2744f8002_h.jpg

BMW Warrington had a Porsche GT3 green on a 335D. Was amazing but, totally the wrong car.

Man of Honour
MM-Seat;30480356 said:
BMW Warrington had a Porsche GT3 green on a 335D. Was amazing but, totally the wrong car.

This dealer had the same a few months back, it looked gash. This is a different green, much better but probably a marmite colour.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Housey;30480329 said:

That looks fantastic, but I think Ferrari Red has it pipped as far as M4s go, but it's all irrelevant because nothing is better than an M3 saloon in San Marino Blue with a white interior.

Back
Top Bottom