1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Scottland

Capodecina

They haven't, but depreciation will be the same as for the M135i

Unless you have a particular reason for needing it sooner, I'd order the spec you want as you'll have less change of regretting it down the line.

2. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's just an updated M135i, there is no reason to expect a different residual profile.

3. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Err I was not suggesting you buy a 4 year old car, I was highlighting that your deal is significantly higher than the expected depreciation on the car over the term from new.

4. Maccy

Commissario

But that's to be expected with a new car though.

5. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

What?

I am specifically looking at the depreciation on a new car.

The car costs about 28k new. A 4 year old one sells for at least 15k.

So why pay 18k to borrow one for 4 years?

6. Skillmister

Capodecina

Point being you'd be paying more than the expected depreciation.

7. Maccy

Commissario

But I wasn't asking about that; I stated that I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I know that depreciation is a factor when comparing new vs used.

My original query was whether I should go for this one on offer instead of speccing a new one and waiting longer.

I suppose I've kind of answered the question myself

8. Robbo

Capo Crimine

9. TS7

Mobster

By your own account you state you don't care whether it's a good deal or you weren't asking about it being a deal... then WHY would you choose a spec which you don't want. The only reason I would do that is if it was a cracking deal. Order the spec you want would be my recommendation

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I'm not comparing depreciation on new versus used!!!

You've completely missed my point. The used one was only mentioned to give an estimated value at the end of the term if 4 years.

11. Basher

Sgarrista

It's not a good deal and Fox was not comparing new vs used.

Why would you go for a spec that you're not 100% on unless it was a great deal? I'd wait, personally.

12. Maccy

Commissario

That's how it came across, I'm not concerned about differences in value/depreciation.

It's essentially the same as one of the TRL deals from the Baby BMW forums, so on a new car I'm not sure it's possible to do any better - I'm off to Sytner this weekend though to have a chat and see how they compare though.
    Thanks for your opinion, I'm swaying more towards waiting and ordering what I want now.

13. Stephen B

Wise Guy

M140i spec doesn't look enough to break the £40k barrier , so wont incur the higher band

on a new one which would be to your spec I heard of 24% discounts being done

I went as far as configuring a fully specced 3dr M140i auto and was still under £40k, personal I'd pick my own spec and pass on the deal you listed

14. Scottland

Capodecina

First year tax rate on the M140i goes up to £500 (auto) and £800 (manual). But the following years are cheaper at £140 a year.

15. Maccy

Commissario

Annual VED for an auto is currently £180 I believe, so over 4 years that's £720. A new one would be £500 for the first year (from April onwards), followed by £140 per year, so over 4 years that £920.

16. Scottland

Capodecina

Not big enough difference to forego having the exact spec you want, and potentially better discount...IMO at least.

17. Maccy

Commissario

Thanks, think I've made my mind up. Blue cars are faster than white cars anyway.

18. Steedie

Man of Honour

I want a G31, even with the naff stuck on iPad. The more I look at it, the more I love it. And it comes with LED lights as standard, which is a good thing as the whole look of the G30/G31 would be ruined without those lights

19. Dis86

Caporegime

To me it's just the f1x evolved. Everything just looks a little bit different. Some cases better. Some worse. Never a huge departure though.

20. grudas

Capodecina

interior is the main change imo.

outside is just an update more like a facelift.