BMW and M Power Owners

Don
I used to get a new windscreen pretty much every year when I was doing huge mileage, the micro chips and scratches would slowly drive me mad in bright sunlight, as long as it doesn't affect your no claims bonus, it's OEM glass and it's fitted well; it's a no brainer :)

Transmission breaker
Don
Apparently they will pay for the part they have broken, but not for removing the arm, so I cannot change the windscreen until I take it to a garage, pay them to take it off. Then re-book the windscreen peeps to come and do the screen.
So what was meant to be a quick morning job is now a massive faff. I am fully booked with work for the next two weeks, and the MOT is due in 10 days

Transmission breaker
Don
MoRT489;30487388 said:
Use different windscreen people maybe?

I have to get them to come back and replace the parts they have broken, and just got off the phone to Autoglass. They tell me I will have to pay the full price for the screen and replacement, then claim it back.

Just annoying,will have to speak to my insurance company.

1st central are being very good on the phone. They are not happy with the service, and are asking me about what I would like to be done to resolve the issue. I am leaving it with them, and will see what they can do. They are going to speak to the first company, and ask them to get back in touch.

Soldato
glen8;30485743 said:
Had a test drive in the 135i yesterday at Stratstone Derby (wow that place is huge)

anyway, really liking the car

Now on the lookout for a black 5dr auto model with a few choice options

is the adaptive suspension worth getting? Hardly any cars have it so wondering if there's a reason for it.

I would say that the adaptive suspension is totally worth getting (I spec'd it on mine). Personally I found the ride a bit harsh and "jiggly" on the standard M Sport suspension. The adaptive suspension is a compliant as normal SE model suspension in Comfort mode, and as stiff as the M Sport in Sport/Sport+ mode.

This means you get a comfortable ride when you want it (e.g. 95% of the time).

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Soldato
Havana_UK;30487485 said:
I would say that the adaptive suspension is totally worth getting (I spec'd it on mine). Personally I found the ride a bit harsh and "jiggly" on the standard M Sport suspension. The adaptive suspension is a compliant as normal SE model suspension in Comfort mode, and as stiff as the M Sport in Sport/Sport+ mode.

This means you get a comfortable ride when you want it (e.g. 95% of the time).

Thanks very much,

What discounts are dealers offering on new models out of interest?

Soldato
:mad::p

In all seriousness the quality of the BMW used site leaves a little to be desired.

My brother in law recently bought an F10 5 series and as we were going through the used site, we found a fair few with slight errors.

One had described mileage of circa 20,000 when in actual fact is had 60,000 (as shown by the dash picture and the MoT history).

Soldato
Even at £38K that's a decent price for that M3...It's got the £6K brake option even!

I think it should probably be £48K, but then it is 2 years old, so maybe not.

/edit I just called told them I'm come up today to collect it. As we all know it's an admin error and it should be listed at £45k :( It takes 24 hours for the used approved website to update. Ho hum, the hunt continues!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Havana_UK;30489840 said:
Even at £38K that's a decent price for that M3...It's got the £6K brake option even!

I think it should probably be £48K, but then it is 2 years old, so maybe not.

/edit I just called told them I'm come up today to collect it. As we all know it's an admin error and it should be listed at £45k :( It takes 24 hours for the used approved website to update. Ho hum, the hunt continues!

:(

Associate
Simon;30484919 said:
This car is insane how quick it is. Not really threw it around yet but it doesn't really need to. Really nice and comfortable and smooth when you want. Then very quick when you press M button and use manual mode. The shift lights come in handy !

After a few weeks of ownership its starting to feel rather nimble now ive got a few miles out of it, it's great that it doesnt need to be pushed up to the redline everytime to get some real good performance out of it, and i love it when it scrambles for traction under hard acceleration too, how it is a little wild but at the same time controlled. :cool:
Simon;30484919 said:
Only thing I don't like is the dipped lights don't seem to go very far.

I needed to give the adjusters a few turns on mine as they seemed to be pointing quite low to the floor when i got it, they now light up the bumper of the car infront instead of the exhaust.
Saying that though i think the 320 i had previously had better (or maybe just better condition) lights.

Back
Top Bottom