BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Thanks for the replies :) I'm not sure why, but that 430i looks different to all the others in a very good way; just wanted to see if the only difference was black kidney grilles which is a simple mod i could do to any white car and get the same look :)

Looking at a maximum of 2 years old 4 series', 430/435/440i's, uis there anything that I need to know/look out for? If i were to spec one up now, i'd go sports auto, M sport Plus (which includes pro nav, xenons, heated seats, parking sensors, harmon kardon system, various other things) extended interior light package, split folding rear seats, 'icon adaptive LED Headlights, comfort access, reversing assist camera(maybe), and then potentially the odd extras of heated steering wheel and spped limit display (£350 together). Trouble being this takes us very close to the £50k mark, hence why i'm now looking for approved used :p

Soldato
So the cheap E46 325i that I considered purchasing a while ago (as I mentioned on here) has now had around £800 worth of parts changed (not inc labour) and not all of those are OEM spec parts so I guess we're talking over £1k if I was do it. Now the money itself wouldn't have been an issue but my concern about constant issues, based on what I read here, has certainly been justified!

I dread to think what current cars will be like when they're old!

Needs a MAF now too.

Soldato
Close enough then :D

I'll let you have that :p It's just, it's still £40k :eek: :eek: To compare, my previous largest purchase, being my current car, was £5400. This next car should will stay with me for (at the very least) 6/7 years or so, as long as it's not causing me a nightmare reliability wise or anything. The fact BMW have apparently been relatively unreliable recently concerns me a little bit. That said, let's see what they can do finance figures wise. I was thinking of using the option (i can't remember what it's called ) but basically have an optional payment at the end of the 3-5 year term, which i'd then most likely get another loan for and pay off over further 3/4 years for example. But 10.9% APR is the current rate. They can pack that in if they think I'm having that :eek:

I realise this post sounds a lot like thinking out loud; that's exactly what it is :p Feel free to chime in :)

Associate
I'm looking at similar cars.

I own a 2016 Audi A6 (which I like), but it's a 2.0 TDI.

Still speculating of course but looking at the 435/440i to move away from diesel should the **** hit the fan this year. I'd prefer to buy a 430/435d (which would be much easier) but in the current climate it wouldn't seem to be such a wise purchase as in recent years.

I'm discounting the 2.0 petrols as they don't really seem to be that much cheaper than the V6, something which I've never owned.

Edit: I prefer the 4 GC, which makes petrols even more rare also.

Soldato
I'll let you have that :p It's just, it's still £40k :eek: :eek: To compare, my previous largest purchase, being my current car, was £5400. This next car should will stay with me for (at the very least) 6/7 years or so, as long as it's not causing me a nightmare reliability wise or anything. The fact BMW have apparently been relatively unreliable recently concerns me a little bit. That said, let's see what they can do finance figures wise. I was thinking of using the option (i can't remember what it's called ) but basically have an optional payment at the end of the 3-5 year term, which i'd then most likely get another loan for and pay off over further 3/4 years for example. But 10.9% APR is the current rate. They can pack that in if they think I'm having that :eek:

I realise this post sounds a lot like thinking out loud; that's exactly what it is :p Feel free to chime in :)
It's called PCP (though BMW have a fancy name for it), and you can get better deals than 10.9% from them on a used car, but don't expect to get any lower than 6.5%, and if you get that you're doing well. You may be able to take a PCP through your bank to finance it at a better rate (Halifax offer that, so do Lloyds, not sure about others).

You will get a much better deal on a brand new one, and that ~£10k off includes any "deposit contribution" that is offered in tandem with BMW's finance. Not many weeks ago BMW were offering as little as 2.9% APR on some new cars, which is a pretty decent deal if you can stomach the inevitable depreciation of a brand new car.

Back
Top Bottom