BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Already been in contact with Jack at Royal Steering Wheels and have a quote for a replacement with extra padding to come close enough to the M Sport wheel, it'll be a couple of mm thinner but a lot cheaper than trying to source a good quality M Sport wheel, and fresh new leather!

My friend recently got his M140i wheel wrapped in Alcantara with a blue centre line and stitching to replicate the M Performance wheel. It's a lovely looking thing and the quality is superb too.

Man of Honour
Hi All,

Just joined the BMW club...having been an Audi owner for 3 cars

Appreciatenate any pointers or advice from other owners of anything I should be looking out for etc.

Car has 5 year service plan also included and due to Dec registration £180/year tax.
  • Electric Front seats with driver memory
  • American Oak interior trim
  • Heated rear seats
  • Instrument panel with leather finish
  • Heated front seats
  • 20" M Double spoke 469 Alloys
  • Driver and passenger lumbar support
  • High beam assistant
  • heads up display
  • cold weather package
  • heated steering wheel
  • Harman Kardon sound system
  • Soft close doors
  • third row seating
  • Sun protection glass
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Digital Display
  • Electric Towbar
  • Speed limit display
  • Reversing assist camera
  • Surround view
  • Online/Apps
  • Telematics/connected subscription

Nice, what engine? I have a very similar spec albeit I had mine painted! ;)

Associate
Hi lads, looking for a bit of advice really as to be honest im not clued up on cars at all. Bit of background first, drove a mk3 focus for 4 years and am coming back home to work in june/july and have managed to save a few sheckles for a new(ish) car.

Been looking at the 320d M sport versions and think im set on getting one of them, have about 23k tops to spend on one, will do enough miles in the year to warrant having a diesel, Have 1 child one the way and a 4 year old boy and have been told the back should be comfortable enough? Seem to come with a bit of kit and will be a welcome upgrade to my trusty focus, would appreicate any tips or experiences any of yous have had with this car.

Cheers!

Soldato
Had new rears fitted prior to MOT on Monday just gone so had the Alignment checked/adjusted as it was overdue.

Only noticed today on the drive home from work the steering wheel is off centre/horizontal whilst travelling straight by about 15 degrees so will be heading back on Wednesday (earliest availability) for a second look.

I wasn't given a print out due to the printer playing silly buggers but did get some screen grabs of the before after. I don't have the know how to interpret these but hopefully somewhere here can :) I'm thinking perhaps the steering wheel was just off centre during the adjustments. Car does travel straight, just the steering wheel isn't when it does :p

uAIDwZUl.jpg
LfbbquUl.jpg
AVKqzXwl.jpg

Associate
If you have 23k, I wouldn't be looking at a 320d. You could get a 330d for that budget and it only be 2-3 years old. Would still tick all your boxes, be better specced as standard and be a bit more enjoyable to drive

As an example at the top end of your budget

Slightly older but decent spec and will leave you some change

Thanks steedie for those two examples both lovely cars and to be honest had not thought of a 330d being in my budget. Would you say buying from an approved BMW garage is the way to go?

Man of Honour
I would personally, I always prefer buying from a dealer as it will come with an approved used warranty of 2 years, plus you know it's good to go. You pay a premium for it sure, but it's just a lot less hassle at this price range than buying private. If you buy a car for 23k private and it's a lemon, the old "sold as seen" means you're left up a certain creek without a paddle

EDIT - Just seen the offer for 2 years warranty has changed and it's just 12 months now, but still, at those mileages, extending that warranty after the 12 months won't be too expensive

Man of Honour
I'm after a 3 litre diesel with auto box, spending about £20k to do lol miles in. Should I consider an older 5 series or a newer 3 series with potentially fewer miles? It's replacing a 11 year old focus so anything is an upgrade. Would be a BMW approved for no hassle warranty.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Just got a 428i M Sport Coupe in metalic glacier silver with the coral red dakota leather seats and M Sport + Package with a few more bits and bobs. Well pleased with it:)

Man of Honour
I mean, the 330d etc is only going to be about 10 at best MPG better off, isn't diesel going to get more expensive as well with duty or am I making that up?

Back
Top Bottom