BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Picking up my new 118d Msport Shadow Edition this Saturday. Cant wait!

Going to be a lot cheaper to run than the GT86 its replacing albeit insurance is looking a tad higher but to be expected being a brand new car.

Anything to watch out for in the running in period?

Shawrey

Associate
Nothing to worry about in the running in period. Read the manual and see if it advises keeping the revs below a certain point for the first 1000km/mi, but I don't think they insist on this these days.

Nice choice of car, what colour?

Man of Honour
Going to be a lot cheaper to run than the GT86 its replacing

Well no it probably isn't, as the depreciation differences will cancel out the savings. I'd expect it to cost more to run in the end than the GT86.

Its amazing how many people don't remember to factor this in.

That said it's a car id happily pick over a GT86 anyway even if it did cost more and you've gone for the best possible colour :)

Soldato
Does £210.00 sound reasonable for an independent to supply & fit (including coding) a replacement battery, 70ah for a 2010 E92 (335i) or £250, 90ah? Presuming OEM but I'll clarify this with them.

Local motor factors stock 'suitable' options around the £100 mark.

The original might be waning and due for replacement.

Soldato
If that includes coding then it sounds reasonable. If it doesn't then they are charging a load for a 5 minute job.

Ta, I would expect it does based on previous dealings with them. Working backwards from an hours (potentially excessive in duration) labour @£60~ + VAT the cost for the battery seems to be around £140 inc VAT, provided that's OEM or at least a reputable equivalent, it seems fair.

I've a Ctek charger so will plonk it on a reconditioning cycle and see if I notice any improvement. At 7 years though it's a good innings either way.

Associate
I love the 6-series and was checking a Gran Coupe out the other day, maybe for next year to replace my 535. I was under the impression the GC had the whole tailgate lift up but I was disappointed to find it doesn't. I'd rather hoped it would so I can get my bike in the back.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I love the 6-series and was checking a Gran Coupe out the other day, maybe for next year to replace my 535. I was under the impression the GC had the whole tailgate lift up but I was disappointed to find it doesn't. I'd rather hoped it would so I can get my bike in the back.
It does on the 4GC, but not on the 6. Perhaps look at the 5/6GT?
Looks only its mother could love, but they're fantastic cars.

Caporegime

I can get my 29er in the boot only removing the front wheel.

Soldato
Does £210.00 sound reasonable for an independent to supply & fit (including coding) a replacement battery, 70ah for a 2010 E92 (335i) or £250, 90ah? Presuming OEM but I'll clarify this with them.

Local motor factors stock 'suitable' options around the £100 mark.

The original might be waning and due for replacement.

Call around the main dealers. I know one they were doing genuine 80Ah batteries + coding for around £200 all in.

Soldato
That's the reason I went for the new 5 Touring - bikes go straight in without removing the wheels :)

Soldato
I thought you went for it because of the delivery delays for your E Class coupe :p
Nope - I decided I couldn’t live with 2 long doors and a narrow boot opening.

The delay on the E-Coupe whilst annoying made me think more about what I actually wanted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom