1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

BMW 'red' leather really is awful. More like a shade of manky orange... Seems to get specced loads though.

2. Imy

Mobster

Anyone know who the OE supplier is for front brake discs and pads on a 2006 BMW E63 630i?

Also, any other brand recommendations?

ECP currently coming up as around half the price of what the dealer quoted me for what sound like decent brands (ATE, Brembo).

3. MoRT489

Soldato

Mineral grey with red leather is the perfect combo, go for it.

4. Dis86

Caporegime

Generally ATE or Pagid.

5. DustyMiller

Wise Guy

Thought I'd pop back in here, as I've just order the replacement to my F30, 325d.

Found I didn't need the space anymore, so asked the nice salesman to order me an M140i SE Auto instead. Mineral Grey with White leather plus some other bits and pieces.

http://mybmw.co.uk/o1e5r5d2

Did I do right ??

6. Gaygle

Capodecina

ATE, Textar, Fritz Winter or Jurid. Never known BMW to use Pagid branded items, even if they are a TMD friction company.

I'd recommend using ATE or Brembo discs. I have used both and hammered both on several cars and they have never given any sort of judder or other issues. I have used Pagid discs/pads before on two different cars and both have given judder after a couple of months - therefore I would recommend avoiding them.

7. chanjy

Mobster

Lovely car, not sure about jet black wheels but never seen them in person to be fair. Maybe they look great irl?

8. Imy

Mobster

Thanks guys. Decided to go with ATE discs/pads/sensor. Also, garage told me today it's ATE on the car at the moment (serviced by main dealer previously).

9. Dis86

Caporegime

Looks good to me mate. Black wheels might not be my preference but quite frankly I have to stfu as mine are black! :p

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Nice week long trip around the New Forest area completed in the 530d. 2 years old now and I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a car. It's brilliant :)

11. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

I think you'll love it. M140 is a superb car for the money, just sold mine but enjoyed every minute of it.

12. mjt

Capodecina

Too much black on that black edition black pack M140i black pack edition.

13. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

An M... SE? I'm confused

14. Lakeland

Soldato

Considering a 2010 Z4 3.0 sDrive, are there any issues to look out for?

15. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's the Shadow Edition :(

16. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Ooooh I see. BMW are completely different to what they used to be.

17. Scrutinize

Sgarrista

As a quick update, after some enquiries yesterday & today, AUC 530d even F10 that fit my criteria cost more to buy pm than the new ones.

I am getting some progress on a new 530d M Sport though due to the strong current residuals and I haven't discounted a lease.

My first preference would still be a Mercedes E350d but I still can't get close to a sensible deal on new, lease or auc so it's off the radar for now. I would take a 335d or even 330d over a E220d or 520d though. They don't offer enough over my current car otherwise.

Some great drives in the NF. Best time of year now when you get a dry day as you don't tend to get the volume tourists or cyclists.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2017
  18. NeilMick

Wise Guy

There are G30 520i M Sport available for £288 on a 6+23, 0-60 is only 7.6 but it's a hell of a lot of car for that money! Trying to resist..

19. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

That's because finance on used sucks. Pay cash instead, use a bank loan if you need to borrow. PCP on used always ends up looking ridiculous IMHO. Mine was 10k less than the cheapest carwow deal on a new one (this was before the g30 came out).

20. Scrutinize

Sgarrista

Used prices aren't looking very competitive at the moment and auc F10 in my criteria are too close to G30 pricing.

I don't mind looking at independent PCP finance if there are any suitable brokers?, but my car is essentially a business function (commuting, client visits, client transport etc) not an asset I need to or want to own so I don't want to take out a personal loan.

I take a CA in lieu of company car and BIK on a cc for me on this sort of car is uneconomical really.

I keep compromising on performance for the sake of saving a few ££ on the pm. But don't want to this time.

A 335d xdrive shadow edition (if only for the pro nav) new in stock is working out at around £400pm.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2017