BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
The GT86 was (and remains) a pretty crap car. It was meant to be this amazing new "scene" dream to relive the old Toyota days, and loads of people with large holes in their ears and stupid beards that they thought were cool, or those with SuperDry jackets and sunglasses bought them because...well you know, drifting.

In actual fact, it was an underpowered, poor handling, rug, to which hanging from its coat-tails was Toyota's dying legacy.

It's completely woeful.

Soldato
The GT86 was (and remains) a pretty crap car. It was meant to be this amazing new "scene" dream to relive the old Toyota days, and loads of people with large holes in their ears and stupid beards that they thought were cool, or those with SuperDry jackets and sunglasses bought them because...well you know, drifting.

In actual fact, it was an underpowered, poor handling, rug, to which hanging from its coat-tails was Toyota's dying legacy.

It's completely woeful.

Not a fan? :D

Completely woeful seems harsh. I've never driven one, admittedly, but surely the handling and general feel of the car make it a great drivers car (or are all the reviews wrong)?

Nothing wrong with SuperDry jackets I'll have you know.

Didn't expect this much burn.... :L feeling quite welcomed - cheers guys!

The GT86 needed to be screaming its head off in 3rd gear to get anywhere. There was no torque in the thing below 4k rpm, so yes the 118d certainly feels quicker in the actual usable rpm ranges and delivers the power far smoother than the GT86 ever could. There's good reason why superchargers are a popular mod for them :rolleyes:.

Also, the GT86 was an awfully uncomfortable drive to the point it became tiresome.. hence my look elsewhere for something more sensible. Not everyone wants to be screaming on the redline to enjoy their drive.:p

Ha, welcome!

I'm sure it's a lovely car to own and enjoy. When my M135i was in for a service I had a loaner 120d and the power and economy made it suitable impressive. I'd have thought the 118d would be similar.

Man of Honour
Something bugging me about my car...

When I first got it, I pretty much exclusively drove in Eco Pro mode, playing the "bonus miles" game of trying to get it as high as possible. I'd always hit around +40-50 by the end of the tank with ease. However, nearly 6-8 months of never using Eco Pro unless on very long journeys, I've now gone back to it and noticed no matter how hard I try, my bonus miles rarely go up at all. I'm driving like an absolute granddad, coasting wherever I can, using cruise in 30 and 40 zones :p yet it barely goes up, whereas before it would go up really easily

I'm getting the same number of miles from a tank and average MPG is the same, so I don't think there's an issue.

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Well that's what I'm wondering, if it was because it was virtually new when I got it, and it's almost like a learning thing in terms of adjusting to how you drive.

After 570 miles last tank, I only had 9 bonus miles but as long as that's normal. I'm ok with that

Man of Honour
My M135i was the same Steedie. Rag it about is Sport mode for a while (by which I mean a few weeks) then go back to Eco Pro. You'll probably find you can get those bonus miles up again.

Ah ok, thank you

So basically what my car is telling me is that I already drive like a granddad and don’t need to make a conscious effort to do so :D

Soldato
Something bugging me about my car...

When I first got it, I pretty much exclusively drove in Eco Pro mode, playing the "bonus miles" game of trying to get it as high as possible. I'd always hit around +40-50 by the end of the tank with ease. However, nearly 6-8 months of never using Eco Pro unless on very long journeys, I've now gone back to it and noticed no matter how hard I try, my bonus miles rarely go up at all. I'm driving like an absolute granddad, coasting wherever I can, using cruise in 30 and 40 zones :p yet it barely goes up, whereas before it would go up really easily

I'm getting the same number of miles from a tank and average MPG is the same, so I don't think there's an issue.

Any ideas?

Coasting uses fuel
Cruise Control uses more fuel

You're doing it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom