BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
end of 2015 was first LCI ( I had a sept 15 build car - reg dec 15, and this was first of the LCI's) another LCI in 2018 I believe. latter cars have updated idrive with carplay (17 onwards?)

As per previous post comp pack not a big deal IMO, front seats a little different, heavier and uglier 20 inch wheels. non comp suspension can be coded to comp as hardware the same after LCI. Spikey power delivery of either version (and the 30bhp or so extra from comp pack) is sorted easily by a remap, and both remap to same figures - just over 500bhp for stage 1. makes it less spikey, lots quicker and you can adjust pop/bang level on most maps.

CS is quite different however and supposedly even sharper.

I sold mine end of last year and now have a C63, which i prefer for some things but not for others. main points - C63 sounds way better and has a nicer interior, rides softer (which i prefer). M3 more focused, harsher ride, way better gearbox.

Man of Honour
Yes. I know people like to refer to the later changes (different front) as a second LCI but officially I don't think it was? They always do a single formal LCI about 50% of the way through the chassis production life.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks both. Looks like mine is a September 2015 build date so is actually an LCI car (but it doesn't have the later style headlights or carplay etc.)

carplay and lights were later, initial LCI supposedly sorted the spikey handling and a few other updates.

Man of Honour
Ruined eh? OK!

It rolled off the production line looking like it had already skipped the first decade of its life and ended up covered in Ebay tat :D

What do you get, really?

Some crappy black wheels that already don't suit the lines of the car as well as the original ones (Often the case with wheel designs introduced at a facelift - the original wheels tend to be designed along with the entire car, the facelift wheels an afterthought), some straight-from-Ebay black grilles and some tinted windows which to be fair virtually every regular M140i has anyway. Oh and some rear lights that have been darkened just like people in McDonalds carpark used to do with a Saxo.

Meanwhile the stock M140i is probably one of the nicest looking hot hatches in ages and the standard Cerium grey wheels are really nice.

Soldato
It rolled off the production line looking like it had already skipped the first decade of its life and ended up covered in Ebay tat :D

What do you get, really?

Some crappy black wheels that already don't suit the lines of the car as well as the original ones (Often the case with wheel designs introduced at a facelift - the original wheels tend to be designed along with the entire car, the facelift wheels an afterthought), some straight-from-Ebay black grilles and some tinted windows which to be fair virtually every regular M140i has anyway. Oh and some rear lights that have been darkened just like people in McDonalds carpark used to do with a Saxo.

Meanwhile the stock M140i is probably one of the nicest looking hot hatches in ages and the standard Cerium grey wheels are really nice.

One of the reasons I went non shadow was for the 'normal' wheels, I didnt think it suited the darker ones.

Back
Top Bottom