BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Driving dynamics are kinda going out of the window with an SUV and I think I'd much rather be sat in an Audi if I were getting an SUV. Whatever I get has to be family friendly and decent inside.

Man of Honour
They don't necessarily go hand in hand as you can have one without the other. I agree ID7 is better, but live cockpit is disappointing compared with the competition.

Soldato
I like the live cockpit on my X3M which is the latest version. Dials are easy to read information well presented and integrates well with CarPlay and android auto. Easily see the modes the car is in oil temp etc. centre section can either be the map or directions on it but most the time I leave it blank. Not sure if ever use the map so don’t see what I’m really missing compared to the audi system.

It helps as it’s got the full heads up which now also includes the CarPlay and android auto integration.

Associate
Think the two main ticket items are the carbon brakes 8-10k? and laser lights 4k?

Just had a quick look - Laserlights are £1k and brakes £8k, so another $10k on tech (B&W Stereo etc etc).

I guess if you can afford a £100k new M5 you're probably not too worried about option pricing!

Don
Just had a quick look - Laserlights are £1k and brakes £8k, so another $10k on tech (B&W Stereo etc etc).

I guess if you can afford a £100k new M5 you're probably not too worried about option pricing!

I guess 'fricking lasers' get cheaper over time, they were a small fortune a few years ago :)

Glad to hear CCBs are still strong money, I'll doubtless need to flog mine to pay for yet more baby milk

Man of Honour
I was comparing options between an M340i and a comparative Audi, maybe in being stupid but the BMW options seem to be quite a bit more expensive compared to Audi.

Soldato
This sounds like a major step forward - does it work well?
Works very well. Get access to full track list on Apple Music including album art. Get directions projected on the HUD from maps. Calls all work really well and the wireless car play is very very fast and sound quality is superb.

Soldato

Most of that should be standard fit

Soldato
I like the live cockpit on my X3M which is the latest version. Dials are easy to read information well presented and integrates well with CarPlay and android auto. Easily see the modes the car is in oil temp etc. centre section can either be the map or directions on it but most the time I leave it blank. Not sure if ever use the map so don’t see what I’m really missing compared to the audi system.

It helps as it’s got the full heads up which now also includes the CarPlay and android auto integration.

Sounds lovely.

Time to chop in the F15 for a G05 just for this :p

Soldato
Nice @J1nxy is that from Wollaston Northampton or Lancaster MK? Lancaster MK gave me the DP's M4 for the day a couple of years ago when mine was in for a service, but they knew I was looking to buy an M3. I don't think it's on the regular loaner list!

Oh, and thoughts on the new grill now you've seen it in the metal?

Soldato
Its from Barons in Bedford, wasn't impressed with either Lancanster (or Jardine as they are now...) or Wollaston, neither were interested in doing a deal on the X3M, Barons came up with the right car at the right price and their after sales has been really very good. Last loan car from them was an M2 Comp.

Its a shape that doesn't seem to photograph well at all, its a slightly reduce size 8 series and the grill, in the metal, is a total non-issue. I am very impressed with it. Will post more later when i've had a proper play rather than just driving it home, but first impression are extremely positive.

Back
Top Bottom