BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Sale of goods act refers to businesses selling cars, not a private sale, which are sold as seen. He’s not got a leg to stand on. Cease communication with him unless he’s willing to take you to civil court.

Hopefully there's a "'sold as seen, tried and approved without guarantee" receipt signed by both parties though this wouldn't affect the buyer's legal rights - the car must match any description give in writing or verbally in the course of the sale.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If you sold it as a private sale the guy's not got a leg to stand on really.

He's chancing his arm, can't blame him for trying I'd do the same if I'd just bought a car and then it grenaded.

I believe ‘caveat emptor’ are the two words you need to quote here.

Sale of goods act refers to businesses selling cars, not a private sale, which are sold as seen. He’s not got a leg to stand on. Cease communication with him unless he’s willing to take you to civil court.

Thanks all :)

Hopefully there's a "'sold as seen, tried and approved without guarantee" receipt signed by both parties though this wouldn't affect the buyer's legal rights - the car must match any description give in writing or verbally in the course of the sale.
There's a receipt I wrote out, copied off the AA website so should be similar to that. Don't think he'll come back to me after my reply to him so should be all good. Thanks :)

It is an issue that comes up with the higher mile x30/35d engines generally without warning.
Thank you, what's the actual problem/cause? I had the chain go on my 730d which needed a new engine afterwards, this doesn't sound like that though.

Oh, there's a story there I've missed. Not going to pry, even though I really want to know :D
Haha pretty much this:
It's even worse than you can imagine. OP was armed to the teeth with knives :D

Court date is tomorrow so if you don't hear from me for 6 months then just assume I didn't get a suspended sentence... :eek:

That 7 above looks tasty!

Soldato
I had an F10 LCI 520d M Sport from new for 3 years, and I think with a good spec the F10 is a hard car to beat even by new car standards. I was looking at them again and ended up deciding to go for an F01 7 Series instead, and I'm glad I did, it's a fantastic car both to look at and travel around in, and they are great value too for what you're getting.

So, I recently picked up this 2014 F01 LCI 730d M Sport, Black Sapphire, Ivory leather, Anthracite Wood, Soft Close Doors and a few other things, from BMW AUC, 40k miles, 1 owner, perfect history, largely looks brand new. For a big car, in Sport mode (which actually makes a difference on these) it drives brilliantly for the size, the engine has more than enough power and on a steady run it'll get over 50mpg.

As Fox has previously mentioned, the one sticking point is the warranty price, but I'll worry about that in 12 months. :p

]

Very nice.

Soldato
Quick question for those of you who have ditched the run flat tyres, I assume you carry a can of sealant & a small compressor?
If so, could you recommend a purchase for me?

I've not swapped the tyres yet, but planning to in the summer currently have Bridgestones on which still have 5-6mm tread.
rears are 255/35/19 & fronts 225/40/19 & planning on fitting Michelin pilot sport 4 which I've priced up at around £625 fitted at the local Kwik fit

Soldato
Quick question for those of you who have ditched the run flat tyres, I assume you carry a can of sealant & a small compressor?

I've not swapped the tyres yet, but planning to in the summer currently have Bridgestones on which still have 5-6mm tread.
rears are 255/35/19 & fronts 225/40/19 & planning on fitting Michelin pilot sport 4 which I've priced up at around £625 fitted at the local Kwik fit
I carry a couple of cans of Holts stuff in the boot. The three times I've had to use it it's done nothing in all honestly but at least when the AA turn up it looks like you've tried.

Man of Honour

I have one of the BMW mobility kits in mine.

Soldato

Do those mobility/liquid kits ever work? Tried a few times and got nowhere - had success with the hard fix kits however. First time with this in my M2, and then with one of these in a mate's car. Both very similar puncture types though to be fair - nail type incursion. Not that difficult either...Once I'd given up being an idiot and took the wheel off to fix rather than trying to do in situ.

On the tyres I've just changed my M2 Comp from PS2 to P4S - world's apart so far. Dunno how much of that is a placebo of course, but I was struggling for traction previously unless the road was completely dry. Now, not so much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do those mobility/liquid kits ever work? Tried a few times and got nowhere - had success with the hard fix kits however. First time with this in my M2, and then with one of these in a mate's car. Both very similar puncture types though to be - nail type incursion. Not that difficult either...Once I'd given up being an idiot and took the wheel off to fix rather than trying to do in situ.

On the tyres I've just changed my M2 Comp from PS2 to P4S - world's apart so far. Dunno how much of that is a placebo of course, but I was struggling for traction previously unless the road was completely dry. Now, not so much.
Yeah, I've used the Mobility kits 3 times and worked flawlessly every time.

Soldato
Soldato
Hello chaps

I noticed M135i prices begin at 14k for a mildly specced one. Ideally I'd be after one with pro nav, heated seats, adaptive dampers as a minimum.
Is it just me or have they barely dropped over the past 2 years? or no one selling them?

Soldato
Done my first tank to tank refill tonight, averaged just over 36mpg according to my calculations, computer agreed with me :D

Happy enough with that, most of it has been a combination of urban & country road driving with the odd little blast on dual carriageways.

Soldato
Hello chaps

I noticed M135i prices begin at 14k for a mildly specced one. Ideally I'd be after one with pro nav, heated seats, adaptive dampers as a minimum.
Is it just me or have they barely dropped over the past 2 years? or no one selling them?
Quite possibly because the M135i/M140i owners and other prospective purchasers are less than impressed by the new M135i offering, being FWD, 4 cylinder and looking like a mini crossover.

Back
Top Bottom