1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Gaygle

Capodecina

What are you doing to upgrade them? Mine was really good with just a fluid upgrade and nothing else. With fluid and some more track orientated brake pads, I think it would have been absolutely fine.

Unless you're going full BBK?

2. Simon

Capodecina

Ah the million dollar question. Performance Z and SRF might be ok as thruxton isn’t bad on brakes apparently.

But then why not get new disks and hoses. Then you start thinking a bbk isn’t much more. Then resale value it’s not actually a bad idea as Reyland do some decent AP kits

61k miles and still on original brakes I think ! I’ve had them fade a bit on the road so definately want to do something.

3. BeeP

Wise Guy

Driving home last night and hit a deer, two of them just ran out from the woods at the side of the road and I hit one of them. Deffo an insurance job as the front left of the bumper including lights is pretty much gone, the bonnet also has a smallish dent in the very front right above the bumper.
    My first real accident in 30+ years of driving.

Feeling pretty down today, I know my car doesn't get much love on here but I think it's great... I also feel really bad about the Deer.

4. DRZ

Soldato

Thruxton might not be bad on brakes but it is ridiculously hard on tyres, especially on the left. You will run out of (road) tyre long before you run out of brakes IME.

5. J1nxy

Mobster

This weekend I will continue working my way through the BMW range as loan cars whilst they once again attempt to fix the issues that I've got on my X3M. This weeks loan car of choice is a 840i Cabro with pretty much all the options in mineral white with carbon exterior trim. I actually really like it and its very very well spec'd

[​IMG]

6. Amos91

Wise Guy

Can't moan at that for a loaner! Hardly see any of those about.

7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

You never seem to have any luck with any car?!

8. J1nxy

Mobster

Tell me about it. Getting utterly fed up with it

9. Housey

Man of Honour

So my E Class cheap lease goes back in April and I need something else. Another E/5/A6 seems to make most sense and again on a cheap lease. Favourite I think is the 520d MHT M Sport 4dr Step Auto which seem to be cheap as chips relatively. I am out of touch with modern BMW's are there any fundamental bits missing on this car?

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

The only thing it's missing is wheels that don't look like you bought them on eBay.

11. Housey

Man of Honour

PayPal spec

12. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

So I sold my F11 a few weeks back, got a call the other day from the guy who bought it saying it has gone into the garage after the engine "blew". He text again saying:

Now I discounted it a few grand because of the drivetrain fault warning that popped up, and stated that in the advert. Then when this guy came to buy he checked it all over and noticed an oil leak which I didn't know about so I discounted him another £250 (value was his suggestion) to get that checked out etc.

I've mentioned this to him in my reply and that the sales of goods act doesn't apply etc. that's all minor, I'm just curious as to the cause...

Not being a mechanical guy do you guys know what could have happened to the car to cause something like this? It was driving fine when I owned it, except that drivetrain error which flashed up, but I thought that was the gearbox needing a service, nothing with the engine.

13. mjt

Capodecina

Are you a dealer? If not, wgaf? It's clearly not your problem.
    Also, well done on dodging that bullet!

14. Le Clandestin Brun

Sgarrista

Nah not a dealer, just curious as I only sold the car after I was arrested because I didn't want to continually be pulled over, otherwise I would have kept it for as long as I could and this may have happened to me... but she was fine when I had her, smooth as anything.

15. Dis86

Suspended

If you sold it as a private sale the guy's not got a leg to stand on really.

16. Will Gill

Don

He's chancing his arm, can't blame him for trying I'd do the same if I'd just bought a car and then it grenaded.

17. mjt

Capodecina

Oh, there's a story there I've missed. Not going to pry, even though I really want to know :D

18. Antony101

Mobster

Can anyone recommend a garage in the East Yorkshire area that can be trusted to service a ZF8 gearbox? Mine is getting a little bit jerky at low speeds so thought it may be worth finally getting it serviced.

I'm based in Howden if that helps.

19. Dangerous Dave

Mobster

It is an issue that comes up with the higher mile x30/35d engines generally without warning. As you’ve already replied back that it’s a private sale so sales
    of good act doesn’t apply etc I would stop replying. If it does go to court the buyer will need to prove you knew of the fault when you sold it.

20. Maccy

Commissario

I believe ‘caveat emptor’ are the two words you need to quote here.