BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Shame about the X3M, on paper a good all around car! I spent ages looking at the X3 M40i but decided against buying new - otherwise would have happily had one.
I had an M40i and loved it, it was the ex press launch car (I have the Auto Express etc. that it was in) so it had every option going and no rattles. Sadly some thieves took an eye to it and pinched it from my drive and I decided to go non SUV and got a C63 estate, but I really did like the M40i.

Absolutely loving the M340s in the thread just above - all brilliantly specced!

Associate
Must be m340 week.

How about those wheels with Dravit Grey? Picked this up today, sorry for the rubbish pic I just snapped one before I hopped in to drive home. I'll sort some better ones another time. I couldn't resist this one as it was so well optioned, just missing the extended Merino for my ideal spec but the standard leather is fine.

M340i in Dravit Grey
Black with Grey stitching Vernasca
Individual Aluminium Fabric trim
Premium Pack
Comfort Pack
Visibility Pack
Technology Pack
Driving Assistant Pro
Parking Assistant Plus
Drive Recorder

Not a shadowline in sight!

QBCguGo.jpg

Properly epic that. Lovely colour and wheels, incredible spec!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Was the M340i First Edition available in the UK?
There's one for sale locally.. Trying to get my dad to upgrade from his Mk6 GTI, but I suspect it's a bit overkill :o

esAkBN5.jpg

warKfsr.jpg

Soldato
Unfortunately all those photos of pretend carbon mirrors and black wheels and M PERFORMANCE stickers highlight all the parts of that 840i that have been spoiled :( It's the sort of styling ethos that used to rarely be found outside of McDonalds carpark, how did it end up being so mainstream? Are you not tempted to rip all that stuff off and get the wheels redone J1nxy?

The only thing I am considering removing are the stickers, the REAL BMW M Performance carbon fibre parts will stay on the car and I think, and given its my car, that the rest of it looks great. Why would I rip it all off and what would I replace it with? the black parts that came from the factory with the car, which no doubt you'd complain about as well?? I think it suits the car and the wheels are factory spec and fit, why waste money changing something that look great.

Not everybody wants the same style as you do, and you crusade against everything that has anything that doesn't seem to fit into your view of what a car should look like.

Man of Honour
Not everybody wants the same style as you do, and you crusade against everything that has anything that doesn't seem to fit into your view of what a car should look like.

Nope, just black wheels on otherwise really nice cars :p

It's hardly just me either, I think you've managed a 50/50 love/hate response so far? You'd not be thinking of removing the stickers if you didn't agree with at least some of the sentiment anyway.

That said its difficult to see what alternative wheel choice you could go for. BMW do not actually seem to offer a single wheel option on the 8 Series that isn't at least 50% black.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not a big black wheel fan but the black/carbon accents go nicely on that white 8 Series, as long as you promise to keep the wheels clean and tyre gel applied :cool: :p

Commissario
M340i day? Ok then!

DAhidOA_d.webp

Back
Top Bottom