BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I can't speak about the latest M3 but traditionally a different engine, a proper mechanical locking diff, previously had different gearbox (although they have the same box now but different software), completely different suspension systems, quicker steering, more sporty seats, louder exhausts, different braking system, carbon fibre propshafts/roofs/bonnets(?) and lighter alloy wheels.
Different body panels (often lighter), additional bracing to stiffen up the chassis, solid-mounted subframes, different (lighter) interiors. The reason that BMW starting giving the M cars different model codes from the F series onwards was because so much was changed from the base car.

Associate
Help me decide! Hopefully going for an M135i Xdrive - and can't decide the colour.

Mrs couldn't care less so getting her to decide is out. After seeing them in the flesh, narrowed it down to Misano Blue which is nice but very out there, or storm bay which again, is nice but a bit dull.

What would you lovely people do?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Order it in the standard colour and wrap it a satin green or blue

I hate wraps because they are not permanent and need redoing every few years else the longer it's left on the more difficult it is to actually remove. Seems like a pointless waste of at least £1500 for a decent quality wrap.

Soldato
Help me decide! Hopefully going for an M135i Xdrive - and can't decide the colour.

Mrs couldn't care less so getting her to decide is out. After seeing them in the flesh, narrowed it down to Misano Blue which is nice but very out there, or storm bay which again, is nice but a bit dull.

As much as I love a blue car, and I do love a blue car, I'd have to say Storm Bay

Associate

Between the two I'd go for Storm Bay, however I've always been a Melbourne Red man. I'd also go for the 19' 552M Bicolour, the regular 18 are a bit naf IMO.

The back of the drivers seat in my M140i creaks, is that something worth booking into the dealers for?

How bad is the creak, do you only hear it when you first sit in, or does it constantly creak when driving? Is it still in warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The propack comes with the HK sound system, nicer wheels and tinted windows. There's loads of tech in the car already so hoping it'll be enough. Feels like a decent upgrade from my Cupra 290.

Associate
The propack comes with the HK sound system, nicer wheels and tinted windows. There's loads of tech in the car already so hoping it'll be enough. Feels like a decent upgrade from my Cupra 290.

Actually just realised that with the optional paint (+£560) and Pro Pack (+£1830) brings the list price to £40075 which brings it £75 over £40k. This means you would have to pay an additional £325 a year tax from the second year :( Can't believe BMW haven't priced the car with these two options so that it is a touch under £40k not over.

Almost doesn't seem worth the two options now. Would be tempting to untick one of the boxes, or maybe adding another option or two.

When I ordered my M140i I really wanted the front parking sensor but the £300 option would have pushed me over £40k so that £300 parking sensors would have ended me costing £1600 in the long run :o

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I notice nearly every time I drive it, it’s booked into BMW tomorrow under warranty so hopefully they find something.

Best of luck - if they deem the thing that is creaking to be "trim" or "requiring adjustment" it won't be covered by the warranty and they'll try and bill you for the diagnostic charge.

Ask me how I know ;)

Man of Honour
The back of the drivers seat in my M140i creaks, is that something worth booking into the dealers for?
Happened to my previous car too. I was told that it was the ratchet system of the electronic back rest was getting loose. Moving it forward and backward stops the creak for about 30 mins before coming back. Else apply some WD-40 - but this only solves it for about a week or so

Associate
Actually just realised that with the optional paint (+£560) and Pro Pack (+£1830) brings the list price to £40075 which brings it £75 over £40k. This means you would have to pay an additional £325 a year tax from the second year :( Can't believe BMW haven't priced the car with these two options so that it is a touch under £40k not over.

Almost doesn't seem worth the two options now. Would be tempting to untick one of the boxes, or maybe adding another option or two.

When I ordered my M140i I really wanted the front parking sensor but the £300 option would have pushed me over £40k so that £300 parking sensors would have ended me costing £1600 in the long run :o

Ah, mine is a lease, so the 'owner' (i.e. the leasing company) pays the tax. Thanks for the heads up though!

Back
Top Bottom