BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;26295791 said:
Yup, it's worthless and immaculate, I love it, I'll have it for ever. No reason not to really as it's not even expensive to insure with multicar policies etc. The E39 is still, IMHO, the best car BMW ever made and I'm really pleased I've got a nice one. I think its like you and that classic Mini :D

In 20 years time somebody with a beard might find it interesting.

Yes

Soldato
Looks good, what spec is it ? I have been looking for an F11 for 6 months and still can't find one with the right spec (mainly a HUD), I found a 520d with the right spec but it wasn't quick enough, I know over time it would annoy me.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
It's the end of an era! Can understand keeping the E39 too, as you say it's worth so much more to you than it is in cash. F10 looks good, looking forward to more pics :)

Man of Honour
Looks good, what spec is it ? I have been looking for an F11 for 6 months and still can't find one with the right spec (mainly a HUD), I found a 520d with the right spec but it wasn't quick enough, I know over time it would annoy me.

It has Pro Nav, Visibility Pack, Dynamic Pack, Folding Mirrors, Anthracite Wood Trim and Heated Seats.

It's one of the first ones - there was a 6 month period whereby you could only buy SE's so many of them came quite well specified. Then towards the end of the year the M Sport appeared and most people who wanted a big spec 5 Series ordered one of those instead. The M Sport is considerably more expensive used and the only difference is the bumpers, skirts, wheels and suspension (As the Dynamic Pack adds the seats, headlining, high gloss shadowline etc).

This is probably why you are finding it difficult to find a good F11, it was available from launch with M Sport and thus most of the good spec cars are M Sport's and worth quite a bit more.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Is this F10 'the one', so to speak, considering you keep your car for a while. Or will continue to peruse the classifieds for a petrol one which meets your criteria?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Wow, a brown 530d :(
Not even *that* well specced. I'm guessing you were holding out for the Sport Auto?
Considering there are a lot of 530ds around, I'm surprised you couldn't source one with at least HUD. Unless they're still out of budget?

Is this a stop-gap or has your mileage changed? Seems out of character.
Either way, enjoy :)

Ps- how much and what's the mileage?

Man of Honour
It's Space Grey not brown. Options like hud are exceptionally rare, I didn't find a single car I was interested in with a hud, it's just not an option people seem to pick. Which is a shame.

There are also not that many 530s around either annoyingly, once you filter out the ones with no xenons anyway.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26296145 said:
It's Space Grey not brown. Options like hud are exceptionally rare, I didn't find a single car I was interested in with a hud, it's just not an option people seem to pick. Which is a shame.
Apologies. It looks brown on my phone and a lot of the early ones were. Nice wheels though :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone used Dr Colorchip before?

I'm asking as I might buy a kit for my 130i M Sport, it's paint code is 381 LE-MANS-BLAU-METALLIC.

I'm wondering if anyone has used them with their beemer and if the paint actually matched up.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26296145 said:

There are also not that many 530s around either annoyingly, once you filter out the ones with no xenons anyway.

Nice one Fox, but we need more pics buddy :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26295931 said:
It has Pro Nav, Visibility Pack, Dynamic Pack, Folding Mirrors, Anthracite Wood Trim and Heated Seats.

It's one of the first ones - there was a 6 month period whereby you could only buy SE's so many of them came quite well specified. Then towards the end of the year the M Sport appeared and most people who wanted a big spec 5 Series ordered one of those instead. The M Sport is considerably more expensive used and the only difference is the bumpers, skirts, wheels and suspension (As the Dynamic Pack adds the seats, headlining, high gloss shadowline etc).

This is probably why you are finding it difficult to find a good F11, it was available from launch with M Sport and thus most of the good spec cars are M Sport's and worth quite a bit more.
Good to see that you're keeping the e39, maybe now you finally understand that nice "old" cars can be good too. You're certainly at the bottom of it's value curve too.

Going to post up some details on the deal?

Soldato
Nice Fox, the perfect spec, apart from the tractor engine :p
I'm with you on the impossible search, I'm going to wait a year and see what happens with prices on the Touring.

Soldato
as in a touchup pen?

Not as such, it's paint, which you 'dab' near the chip, then use your finger to smear over it. Then you wipe off the excess with a solution they provide, it takes time, but you can layer the paint up to get it pretty much flush with the original paint layer.

It looks pretty cool and will mask tiny chips pretty well. Obviously not as good as a professional sand and spray job.

I just want to make 100% sure it will match my paint. My mate has bought a kit for his BMW too. I guess I will wait and see if his matches this weekend and buy on that basis.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26295688 said:
Yup :(

I have been looking around for about 4-5 months now. Unless your budget is enormous and you can order yourself a new one or pay huge money for the odd rare one that pops up, you are basically stuck if you want a petrol one.

523i: Slow
528i: Ideal but found almost always in completely bizarre specifications. It's like they are always bought new by old people. So base spec with no options. Or the other extreme - every single option on the list but in Milano Beige paint.
535i: Rarer than a rare thing on a rare day. A whole two came up - one was very dark bue and had no Sports Auto Transmission. The other had Business nav :(

Basically, 99% of them are diesel and 90% of those are 520d's. I wasn't prepared to go 520d, it had to be a 530d. It's the newer N57 engine so it's probably about the least worst diesel you can get.

It's still really annoying people don't buy new petrol ones :(

There's an LCI 535i in Cardiff still, the one I linked to almost 2 months ago. They would have taken an offer on that.

Seems to me that you've rushed this a little when you had no real pressing need. A pretty LCI F10 diesel.... Shame on you ;)

Man of Honour
I doubt they would have taken an offer of half the asking price :p

I once tried to buy a Mini from Cardiff and they wouldn't even move by 50 quid :D

No rushing at all, also it's not an LCI, it's very much a pre LCI, you can't get more pre LCI than a 2010 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom