BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
I'm currently driving my first BMW - a late 2003 Z4 3.0 purchased from mr tommo in February 2010.

I average around 30MPG day to day driving around A-Roads, and can get up to around 35MPG on a long journey.

IMG_1296.jpg

Dsc_1851.jpg

PAz

PAz

Soldato
My 123d M Sport and its my first BMW..

536638017.jpg

bmwinterior.jpg

Love it, but it's going in a month or so :( Bought it myself but putting too many miles on it with work so selling it and taking a company car, of which I'll order another BMW, but in the meantime until that comes through I'm going to be given an Audi TT Quattro S Line.... :/

Soldato
It's not too bad. Doesn't drone or anything, it's one of the quieter z3M exhausts on the market iirc. Was fairly cheap too as it was 2nd hand.

That's genuinely surprising. The previous owner stuck the race exhaust on mine and it is ridiculous at high revs. It's only a 318is so sitting at 70mph on the motorway at close to 4k rpm gets a little irritating :p

Soldato
imag0541q.jpg

20111022161023.jpg
My first BMW. Aged 21, i decided i wanted something a bit different from a cheap hatchback. Naturally this would have to involve a 3.0litre straight 6 engine, RWD and a BMW badge. I loved my 330i. I had a sunroof, which was absolutely lovely in the summer and i wish my 335i had one, i had Bi-Xenon headlights which made the front look much more modern and aggressive and halfway through my ownership, i installed a Dynavin Sat-Nav et al. This improved the interior look a lot as it was designed to look OEM and it generally functioned quite well, but was a bit clunky at times.

Once again, i loved my 330i. It was such an honest car and made my smile everytime i turned the key.
20111127141239.jpg

20111127141417.jpg

20120122110823.jpg

20120204134454.jpg

20120404184156.jpg
Next up! I purchased a 335i SE Coupe from fellow OcUKer Dr House. It was in fantastic condition (it had a few minor blemishes and the alloys needed a refurb badly!) and knew it had been looked after properly. If i hadn't had a replacement as worth as the 335i i would have cried when the 330i was driven away. The engine on the 335i is utterly fantastic and it relentless with acceleration, the handling is quite a bit sharper than my old 330i and the steering is nicely weighted.

I've done a few minor mods to mine.
- First up was the BMW Aero front lip which set me back around £320 inc paint, del etc. -Then it was time for the M3 rear spoiler, which set me back £49 from eBay (inc paint etc) and is awesome value for money. I have had a look at genuine M3 spoilers which cost around £200 and i honestly cannot tell the difference between the genuine ones and my eBay wonder.
- Then i got the poo coloured wood interior wrapped with matte 3M Carbon fibre, which suits the character of the car more.
- Then i recently fitted the genuine M-Sport steering wheel.

I love my 335i. It was much improved, very much improved in fact, when i got a software update for it a couple of months after i bought it. The lag was gone and everything was just so much more responsive. The 335i also came with a Milltek exhaust which sounds fantastic. I have got a single rattle on the car, which i believe is as a result of resonance from the Milltek exhaust which i will fix when i can be bothered.

Not even thinking about replacing the 335i and i'm proud to say that i haven't even been on Autotrader for the past 6 months as I know there is nothing i could replace the 335i with. Overall, i'm a massive BMW and 3 series fan. I am just going to miss the big 6 cylinders though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
My relatively new addition:

SAM_0162.jpg

SAM_0160.jpg

SAM_0163.jpg

SAM_0164.jpg

2008 335d.

22k+ a year made the diesel a much more sensible choice than the petrol. I would have loved a 335i but I am hardly left wanting for power.

Soldato
Oh and i've got a service coming up which i got quoted at £188 for Oil service and microfilter (with my supplying the oil)

and £40 for air filter change if it needs it.

Reckon i can do better than that?

Soldato
OP
Yeah. They have some serious amount of money tied up those cars. I'm based in Wokingham too.

Good spot by me then :D I've been there a few times, took a Clio V6 out on a drive years ago. I think they've gone downhill a bit in recent times as they don't have the sort of metal they used to a few years ago.
I need to update my location, not in Wokingham anymore unfortunately; living in Reading town centre now.

Soldato
OP
Oh and i've got a service coming up which i got quoted at £188 for Oil service and microfilter (with my supplying the oil)

and £40 for air filter change if it needs it.

Reckon i can do better than that?

Cooper Reading gave me a price of £88 to change my oil with me supplying the oil. Thats also including 4 Plus prices.

Man of Honour
Think this might be my next purchase. I'm sure I seen 58mpg figures from the diesel engine somewhere, possibly Parkers. Accurate?

Best I've ever managed was 52mpg on a trip to Swansea, but that was driving like a granddad the whole way

This week which is my first week commuting to my new job, according to the trip computer, I've averaged 48mpg, and that's all dual carriageway driving

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom