BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Dying to finish work and get working on the car.

Cylinder 6 injector that was removed is a index 11 so the previous owner as tried sorting it with the 1 injector and got nowhere. I could try reuse that injector along with the 2 new injectors already fitted and put them on 4-5-6 and the 07 injectors on 1-2-3 which would save me £580 if it worked.

What do you guys think, do you reckon I should bite the bullet and just do the lot?

Deffo owe you guys a piny if this does work.

Soldato
Dying to finish work and get working on the car.

Cylinder 6 injector that was removed is a index 11 so the previous owner as tried sorting it with the 1 injector and got nowhere. I could try reuse that injector along with the 2 new injectors already fitted and put them on 4-5-6 and the 07 injectors on 1-2-3 which would save me £580 if it worked.

What do you guys think, do you reckon I should bite the bullet and just do the lot?

Deffo owe you guys a piny if this does work.

It's not like you'd be saving a £20 or something, £600 is a fair chunk of cash. If you're not paying anyone for labour and are doing them yourself, I think you should put the index 11 injectors all on one bank, and the older injectors on the other and see what happens. If it still plays up - so be it, you'll have to replace them all. I suppose you have the knowledge and software to recode the injectors etc?

Permabanned
from what i have read as long as you use the same index on each bank they will work.
no way would i pay out for all new ones without trying that first.

i have a laptop running inpa if you need it.

Soldato
It's not like you'd be saving a £20 or something, £600 is a fair chunk of cash. If you're not paying anyone for labour and are doing them yourself, I think you should put the index 11 injectors all on one bank, and the older injectors on the other and see what happens. If it still plays up - so be it, you'll have to replace them all. I suppose you have the knowledge and software to recode the injectors etc?

Yeah, im gunna do that then. Much rather have £600 back in my wallet. Will worry about the rest of the injectors when their time comes. Well that's if I do get away with just doing 1 bank.

Yeah, I swapped out the other injectors and coded them. My mechanic lends me his kit which has the latest BMW software.

from what i have read as long as you use the same index on each bank they will work.
no way would i pay out for all new ones without trying that first.

i have a laptop running inpa if you need it.

As above, I already have the equipment at hand to do the coding. Thanks for offering though, really appreciate it.

Man of Honour
Head up display worth paying for? Anyone on here got it?

It's a great option as you never look away from your forward view. Got it on my current one and had it on quite a few of the previous ones. It's a great safety feature and having speed limits, navigation is a bonus. It will be an option on my next one, that's for sure.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm whether coding voids the BMW extended warranty? I'd like to be able to close my roof (E93) and wing mirrors from the fob lock button and also be able to set the safe speed limit for roof operation. On my colleagues E93 he could operate his roof up to 20mph but on mine you must be stationary.

What equipment can people recommend for this?

ADT

ADT

Associate
Can anyone confirm whether coding voids the BMW extended warranty? I'd like to be able to close my roof (E93) and wing mirrors from the fob lock button and also be able to set the safe speed limit for roof operation. On my colleagues E93 he could operate his roof up to 20mph but on mine you must be stationary.

What equipment can people recommend for this?

If you're a beginner then buy the bmcables cable for your car and Carly which is a software you can use. I doubt this can void the warranty as technically you can pay the dealership to code those things for you

Man of Honour
Head up display worth paying for? Anyone on here got it?

I don't have it but both my Dad's F11's have had it inc his current one. It's really cool as a feature but I wouldn't pay £900 for it. It used to be good value when it was bundled with a full black panel display on an F10/11 but thats now standard so you just get the HUD.

I see it as a bonus on a used car rather than a must have option on a new one. There are various other options I'd pick over it - but obviously if you've already picked all those and still have a pile of spare cash then it's worth ticking.

Man of Honour
Contrary to what BMW told Rybo about his not having any quality enhancements, they cannot tell this from the VIN number alone and the injectors need to individually be scanned.

This is not how QE's work - if there is an outstanding QE which may apply to a vehicle, it is highlighted by the VIN alone.

Part of the work required for that QE will be 'verify whether part in question is part blah blah blah and if so replace' but whether or not the car should be taken into the workshop and have this work done is very much listed by VIN - remember even the checking process is chargeable work that somebody will pay for... BMW UK if it's a QE.

So in summary if there is any potential at all for there to be an outstanding QE which will cover his injectors, a dealer will know about it after being presented with the VIN. If they still insist that there isn't one, then there isn't one I'm afraid.

Associate
Hi, I know the love for diesels is not great in the motors section but I thought I'd share the motor I picked up a few days ago which I'm really impressed with and is used for my daily commute....the miles just waft by.

Extras: 20" rims, soft closing doors, rear privacy glass, 1yr warranty, service pack.

Anyway, here she is:

640d_side_angle.jpg

640d_rear.jpg

640d_interior.jpg

It was in at the local dealer for a recall the next day, something to do with a program module upgrade (?).

I know most won't like it but.....what a machine.

Back
Top Bottom