1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Dis86

Suspended

I know they're popular and estoril seems to be the colour of choice but they just don't tickle my junk.

2. wingman

Soldato

Thanks! It had to be blue, I almost bought a black one but very much glad it fell through.

That's fair, they aren't for everyone. I'm certainly not completely sold on all of the angles, from some it doesn't look pretty at all. I much prefer the 5dr to the 3dr version mind. Coming from an E46 which is a timeless design IMO, it's going to take some adjusting.

But for ~£20k with RWD, a 0-62 less than 5s, warranty, 30mpg, relative comfort and all the toys you could want, I'm not sure there's anything else on my list right now.

3. Dis86

Suspended

Agreed! The e46 is still my favourite shape, particularly the facelift.
    You're right though that the price to performance mark is fantastic, shame they're just a little fugly!

4. mrk

Man of Honour

Do the 1 series models not come with the newer and much much much better+nicer steering wheel? The massive airbag centre just looks gawdy on what is otherwise a sport trim level :)D) model. Barge steering wheels are for barges :p

5. neverender

Wise Guy

The new wheel is fitted on LCI M135i's, and a few interim 2014 cars got it too. It is much nicer than the original wheel which, among other things, obscures the black panel display.

6. wingman

Soldato

This.

The new steering wheel is vastly improved, I did enjoy it in the 3 series but unfortunately I'd have had to buy a car a year newer to take advantage of it in the M135i.

It looks bigger than it actually is in the bigger, it certainly doesn't feel like a barge in the flesh ;)

7. Rybo89

Capodecina

A massive thanks to everyone who helped, especially Teenwolf and Gaygle. Deffo owe you both one.

Last night i swapped around the injectors and coded them and the car started up beautifully. Wasn't going to get excited until i started it up again today and took it for a drive, again it started up like it should and drove flawlessly.

Got my money back for the 4 injectors aswell. Happy days!

Thanks guys!

8. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Awesome! Glad it's all sorted.

9. slick rick

Mobster

Great to hear you have got it sorted with help from the clever folks here, that is what this forum is about. :)

10. peige

Mobster

The steering wheel changed to the smaller one in March 14 for all of the 1 series.

11. teenwolf

Mobster

excellent :)

12. panthro

Capodecina

Looks like a nice car, but personally I'd want to stick a warranty on it, and it's on the threshold of the lower priced warranty. Black isn't too much of a pain to keep clean, but it's bad for showing up swirl marks in the paint.

13. alx

Soldato

Yeah I want a sub 60k miler for the cheaper warranty.

14. SDK^

Capodecina

The new style wheel can be bought new on ebay for around £320, so it's no a deal breaker having the 2011-2014 one :)

15. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's a bit 50/50 whether its worth it. The new wheel looks fresher but the none leather parts feel a bit cheap and nasty whereas the old wheel looks dated but is really nicely made.

They give with one hand and take away with the other :(

16. Gaygle

Capodecina

Excellent news - long may it continue!:)

17. Stormster

Mobster

Good news Rybo. Cheap BMW ownership can now commence :D

18. Stephen B

Wise Guy

if it fitted yes it would be a no brainer, but it doesn't I wanted to change mine

also M135i didn't come out till late 2012

sorry had a Fox moment there :)

19. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Does it really not fit? I find that surprising.

20. Stephen B

Wise Guy

sadly no, it would have been an instant upgrade otherwise for me, the forum mod on babybmw did a thread on it and he has changed most things on his M135i