BMW and M Power Owners

ADT

ADT

Associate
Since summer is coming thought I would ask here. When I bought my e46 330ci convertible the aircon was not working. When you press the air con button you start to hear the compressor spinning. And looking in the engine bay you can see that happening but still no cold air from the vents. I used this as a bargaining point at the time and knocked £500 off the car that day.

Anyways, does that mean I need to re-gas or could it be something worse?
Cheapest place to get this done?

Associate
My commute is ~10 miles of fairly twisty A road @ 50mph average, and I'm not gunning it all of the time (I'd be breaking the speed limit if I was). It's in comfort for 90% of the time on my commute... So I'm thinking more than 30mpg should be doable. I have some spirited drives at the weekend but I'm not pushing the car too hard.

You're doing it wrong! I've never seen more than 24mpg from a tank in my M135i doing my A/B road commute. Mid 30's is very achievable on a run though.

Permabanned
Argh.... I was off with wifey to test drive an M2 on Friday afternoon.

Got a call from the sales guy today... some dude totaled the M2 on his test drive yesterday and it's going to take them some time to source a new vehicle... awesome!

Oh well... I've made a booking with Tesla instead to try out the P85

ADT

ADT

Associate
Could be simple as air con regass. Have you put the temps to ckld and used the middle temp selector on the centre vent on ckld to see if it gets colder?

Yep. I bought the car end of summer last year so I didn't really bother with it. Tried changing everything to cold etc no cool air.

Man of Honour

Got a call from the sales guy today... some dude totaled the M2 on his test drive yesterday and it's going to take them some time to source a new vehicle... awesome!

It must be such a nuisance when you can't decide whether to buy a large electric saloon or a small petrol coupe :D

Are you going to test drive the new Mercedes GLE too to help narrow down the shortlist?

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;29457866 said:
It must be such a nuisance when you can't decide whether to buy a large electric saloon or a small petrol coupe :D

Are you going to test drive the new Mercedes GLE too to help narrow down the shortlist?

Been thinking about a Tesla for a while... Imagine I'll be quite fond of the insta-torque.

If it's too big then it's too big. This would be more for daily driving / commute... so bigger/heavier/quieter tends to lead to improved comfort / ride quality.

But size isn't always the deciding factor... as I clearly remember baffling you by saying the 5-series "feels" too big whereas I really like the 6-series and don't think it feels too big... despite their similarity in size :p

And no no no no no no when it comes to any/all SUV... the only time I would consider one of those is when I finally get my Radical SR8 and that's only because it would be a functional use of one ;)

M2 was more for wifey and Tesla is more for me... We're looking for an E46 replacement and I'm always considering my next vehicle... I was about to ask the BMW salesman for an M6 test drive for me.

It will be interesting as I haven't driven a full-size electric car before... let alone the Tesla with performance pack that's supposed to do 0-60 in under 3 seconds :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29457866 said:

Not as bad as wanting new wheels and getting a washing machine :(

Man of Honour
Been thinking about a Tesla for a while... Imagine I'll be quite fond of the insta-torque.

If it's too big then it's too big. This would be more for daily driving / commute... so bigger/heavier/quieter tends to lead to improved comfort / ride quality.

But size isn't always the deciding factor... as I clearly remember baffling you by saying the 5-series "feels" too big whereas I really like the 6-series and don't think it feels too big... despite their similarity in size :p

And no no no no no no when it comes to any/all SUV... the only time I would consider one of those is when I finally get my Radical SR8 and that's only because it would be a functional use of one ;)

M2 was more for wifey and Tesla is more for me... We're looking for an E46 replacement and I'm always considering my next vehicle... I was about to ask the BMW salesman for an M6 test drive for me.

It will be interesting as I haven't driven a full-size electric car before... let alone the Tesla with performance pack that's supposed to do 0-60 in under 3 seconds :)

If you want a nearly new Tesla let me know. I know of one for sale with a very big list of options for sensible monies. Come to think of it, same for the M2 too.

Soldato

I test-drove one not too long ago. Absolutely fantastic car. Only thing keeping me from getting one is the inability to charge at home and a 200 mile round-trip to work meaning a 40 minute stop at Keele service most days.

Tried to put in a request to order an M135i but been told by two separate dealers that no new orders are allowed. Apparently they're preparing for "something" to be unveiled in July. One dealer hinted at the M140i.

Back
Top Bottom