BMW K1300S owners?

Soldato
I seem to recall in the 'Show us your bikes' thread there were a couple of BMW K1300S owners here?

I've just picked one up - 2010, Lava Orange, 28k miles, ABS/ASC/ESA, heated grips, helibars, BMW rack and expandable panniers. Bought it online at a distance from a dealer so I've not actually seen it yet, should arrive next week. Dealer photos only at the moment:-

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-11.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

Early retirement present (3 months left until I finish up from the fire and rescue service after 32 years service :) ) and this will be a tourer/commuter bike. I'll be keeping my Aprilia Mille and later in the year I'll be looking to pick up a Panigale or MVF4RR for weekend sports spin duties.

If we have any K1300 owners here, it would be good to see what your thoughts and suggestions for must do mods are? I've already joined a few K forums and Facebook pages. Mod considerations so far are:-

• Centre stand (BMW OEM one)
  • Clear indicators and lenses
  • Carbon parts (can't beat a smattering of carbon bits!!)
  • Single sided swing arm paddock stand

Last edited:
Associate
I have had two, and black-k1 too I think, who I'm sure will post a more well written response! We will both point you at EuroKClub.bike if you haven't already signed up.

I believe you will enjoy it! Most of us have encountered most of the common issues so you'll be in good company should you need advice.

Probably depending on its history, getting it checked over at a dealer for recalls would be a good idea. I have a paddock stand but it's all the way down here and would probably be annoyingly expensive to ship/lorry up to you!

Back
Top Bottom