BMW M3 Question

Permabanned
Servicing (like all E46s) is variable in accordance with the way you drive.

Its as follows (a rough guide)

15,000 miles (Insp 1)
30,000 miles (Oil Change)
45,000 miles (Insp 2)
60,000 miles (Oil Change)
75,000 miles (Insp 1)
90,000 miles (Oil Change)
105,000 miles (Insp 2)

Etc, etc. I've used 15k as that is what the service indicator most commonly resets to on the E46 although it may be slightly different on the M3 (Rotty will say for definate), and remember it alters in relation to the way you cover those miles. Thrash it and you'll be changing oil and servicing a lot sooner that you might have hoped.

Soldato
Townlea said:
WOW!, I havent heard anything about this E90.. V8 you say... muhahaha.. probably even higher costs to service.. YES! :D

Service prices arn't that bad then...Hmm, I think I might put a deposit down on a E90 then... of course I will have to think about it.

What is the list price?

If you can't wait 18 months and hanker after a M3 class V8, have you considered the S4/RS4?

Soldato
Id buy now second hand if you are after an e46, because the prices are quite stunning for what you get. If your considering putting down a deposit for an e90 M3, what job have you got at 25 which pays that much if you dont mind me asking? lol fair play I say :)

Associate
OP
Kingy said:
If you can't wait 18 months and hanker after a M3 class V8, have you considered the S4/RS4?

yes I have considered, And no thank you to the RS4.

I can wait for an M3 V8, spending this amount of money on an item.. I need to buy something that I really want rather than getting something as soon as i get the money.

i have been thinking of buying the M3 ever since I drove my friends z3M coupe.. that was months ago :)

Associate
Townlea said:
WOW!, I havent heard anything about this E90.. V8 you say... muhahaha.. probably even higher costs to service.. YES! :D

Service prices arn't that bad then...Hmm, I think I might put a deposit down on a E90 then... of course I will have to think about it.

What is the list price?

yep 0-60 times are rumored to be faster then the M5/M6 but im not sure on that , but being an M car its gonna defo be good! i put a deposit down of 25% of the approximate asking price which is around £53,000.

if you pop into your dealer he should be able to give you a lot of info :)

Soldato
Townlea said:
yes I have considered, And no thank you to the RS4.

I can wait for an M3 V8, spending this amount of money on an item.. I need to buy something that I really want rather than getting something as soon as i get the money.

i have been thinking of buying the M3 ever since I drove my friends z3M coupe.. that was months ago :)

If you're set on an M3, and have money now, why not have the best of both worlds?

Lay a deposit down on the V8, and buy a used E46 to trade in against it when it's launched.

Soldato
Townlea said:
I do 32K a year mileage... Running costs have to come into it... :)

Possibly the wrong sort of car to be doing that mileage in? But if you have the disposable income then hey what the heck, I would probably do the same. £25k does get you a 2-3 year old low mileage M3 from a dealer as well.

Associate
Townlea said:
I really really really! hate diesals lol end of! :D

no you dont , i came from a 325i , then a 330i and im driveing a 530d trust me dont knock it till you've tried a BMW six pot diesel. The 535d did the exact same time as an M3 around the topgear test track! and the 335d should be even faster being a lighter car ;)

you may also be interested to hear BMW are releasing a 545d which will be awesome :cool:

Associate
OP
stig said:
yep 0-60 times are rumored to be faster then the M5/M6 but im not sure on that , but being an M car its gonna defo be good! i put a deposit down of 25% of the approximate asking price which is around £53,000.

if you pop into your dealer he should be able to give you a lot of info :)

Cheaper than I thought.. Looks like I wont need to save for it then.. lol

Sounds like a good car :)

Will get down to my local dealership next Monday for more info.

Thanks Stig and Oracle for the useful information. This all looks good :)

Thanks to everyone else :)

Associate
OP
stig said:
no you dont , i came from a 325i , then a 330i and im driveing a 530d trust me dont knock it till you've tried a BMW six pot diesel. The 535d did the exact same time as an M3 around the topgear test track! and the 335d should be even faster being a lighter car ;)

you may also be interested to hear BMW are releasing a 545d which will be awesome :cool:

Its not the power... its the noise of them when they start up!

Associate
Townlea said:
Its not the power... its the noise of them when they start up!

noise? they dont sound that bad once your inside infact they sound like normal six pots just with 10 times more torque! but still V8 for zee win! :D

also make sure you order your car in a dark colour as we dont have any official pictures as of yet so best to stay safe! you can change it up to 12 weeks before i was told :)

Soldato
As an alternative to the stop gap used M3 idea, if you like the idea of an M V8, what about a E39 M5? Or as >£50k list prices don't seem to scare you, what about the E60 M5? Mmmm V10 goodness. ;)

Permabanned
umm, 335d doesnt exist, nor is it likely too AFAIK. 335i Petrol on the ohter hand, does and will exist.

535d for the win, but they are still £40k

Associate
OP
stig said:
noise? they dont sound that bad once your inside infact they sound like normal six pots just with 10 times more torque! but still V8 for zee win! :D

also make sure you order your car in a dark colour as we dont have any official pictures as of yet so best to stay safe! you can change it up to 12 weeks before i was told :)

I was looking at a grey/silver the regualr colour people choose! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom